Thread: How do I run a dedicated multiplayer server for FSX from my computer?

1. Default How do I run a dedicated multiplayer server for FSX from my computer?

I have an old laptop that I don't use anymore set up as a seedbox and it would make a great multiplayer host. However, is it possible to run a server without having to install the entire FSX program?

Basically I need a way to host a server from my computer without having to actually load the graphics of the game, because I don't think the laptop can handle it.

Blog Entries

Not unless you learn to program, no.

Although there's no reason you can't just run it at low resolution with the settings at minimum...
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.

3. Default

Hmm, I guess I'll try that. Is it possible to leave it running in the briefing room or do I have to click fly now?

Blog Entries

I don't know, really. I don't really do multiplayer. The Gamespy servers that are the 'real' online multiplayer service run custom software, so they'll work in a different way.
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.