Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX Sound problem. Solution??

Default FSX Sound problem. Solution??

So I am having the FSX sound problem in many airplanes. In default ones sometimes the engines lag in their sound for example they engines are at idle but the sound is at full. This happens mostly in piston planes.

Another problem I have had in the CLS DC-10 and Default CRJ is there is an engine sound even when the engines are off.

But the biggest problem I am having in the CLS DC-10 and wilco 734 is this 'Whoosh" sound when in the air. It comes more often when changing views. But I can no longer hear just he engines it is this extra sound. Very annoying and I now know why people perfer FS9. I like FSX more, I have UT2 which is good, and a decent amount of add ons I like the graphics more in FSX too but with this very annoying problem I might have to go back to FS9.

Any solutions? Even if it just helps does not have to take it completly away. Does the level D 767 have the whoosh sound?

Blog Entries

The engine sound you are hearing when the engines are off is most probably the APU sound.

The 'whoosh' of the air can be turned down in the FSX settings.
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Jevans View Post
    The engine sound you are hearing when the engines are off is most probably the APU sound.

The 'whoosh' of the air can be turned down in the FSX settings.
    Its not the APU I know the APU is off. Where do I find this setting? I have turned off environment sounds and still get it.

Ah this is a two part bug, one is fsx and one is the payware.

With default aircraft it will never be fixed and with payware i would post or contact there support.

On a side note, that whoosh sound you hear is what happens when you use a fs9 sound set in fsx, besides its a phasing in and out sound. I have the CLS 767 which has the same issue but i did fix it for myself by converting the sound set to mono and disabling the sound effects.

Converting to mono does not mean you lose any quality of the sound files but it can change what you hear in the cockpit and from what i can tell, make it more real.

In regards to the 767 issue i did post about that here
    http://www.commerciallevel.com/forum...showtopic=9155

All i can do is hope they make fsx sound sets.

Quote Originally Posted by gandy View Post
    Ah this is a two part bug, one is fsx and one is the payware.

With default aircraft it will never be fixed and with payware i would post or contact there support.

On a side note, that whoosh sound you hear is what happens when you use a fs9 sound set in fsx, besides its a phasing in and out sound. I have the CLS 767 which has the same issue but i did fix it for myself by converting the sound set to mono and disabling the sound effects.

Converting to mono does not mean you lose any quality of the sound files but it can change what you hear in the cockpit and from what i can tell, make it more real.

In regards to the 767 issue i did post about that here
    http://www.commerciallevel.com/forum...showtopic=9155

All i can do is hope they make fsx sound sets.
    How do I convert them? I dont fly default planes much. It is weird how there is an engine sound that keeps going but that is only in the CLS DC-10 in my Flight 1 F-100 and Wilco 734 the only problem is the whoosh sound.

I just got another problem with PMDG 747-400X but this was made for FSX right now I am updating all my drivers and re-installing FSX to see what happens. But I would love to know how to make the FS9 sound files to mono.

Gandy is right. I have the same issue with many add ons.

I have not tried converting files yet but one thing has become certain for me: FS9 sounds do not work properly in FSX. That DC10 was created for fs9 and converted over to FSX. Clearly, they not not properly testing the sound set in FSX. Their 747 and 767 has the same issue.

I am happy to know that their MD80 will be FSX only.

Are either of you using Acceleration?

I ask because this issue is not well publicised. It seems like there would be a lot more complaints if everyone had the problem. Maybe there is something common among our systems that makes it more noticeable? If we could narrow it down it may help developers fix the issue.
    Windows 7 Professional-64; FSX Acceleration; I7-920 D0 @ 4.0 Ghz; BFG 1GB GTX285OCFU; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2; 3x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 running @1604Mhz, 6-7-6-18; WD 1TB Caviar Black (OS); WD 300GB VelociRaptor (FSX); WD 150GB Raptor (FS9 + Games); GEX; UT2 100%; ASA; REX2; NOD32 Antivirus;

I use Acceleration duckbilled and it has caused some minor texture issues with my wilco Airbus series 1 collection.

Interesting. I also know it causes texture issue. Why, I don't know.

The thing that gets me about this is a lot of developers will test with SP2 and not Acceleration. It seems like there is this myth that Acceleration does nothing more than add a few aircraft, missions... Imaginesim scenery also had issues

Since Aces no longer exists, I am not sure we will ever figure out what Acceleration changed but developers need to test their products using Acceleration. It is not just an expansion pack, it is the most up to date version of FSX.
    Windows 7 Professional-64; FSX Acceleration; I7-920 D0 @ 4.0 Ghz; BFG 1GB GTX285OCFU; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2; 3x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3 running @1604Mhz, 6-7-6-18; WD 1TB Caviar Black (OS); WD 300GB VelociRaptor (FSX); WD 150GB Raptor (FS9 + Games); GEX; UT2 100%; ASA; REX2; NOD32 Antivirus;

Default Not What It Sounds Like

I have FSX Acceleration (Deluxe) and I use sound from FS2000, and FS2002 in FSX with no problems. I have Turbo Prop, jet and even vehicle sounds. Of course, I have FS2002, and FS2004 installed, too. Might that make a difference? You never know. As they don't tell you everything. What I mean is, if you have fs2000.exe and fs2002.exe somewhere on your harddrive them maybe (?) FSX might be able to 'use' them for sound).

Some update/patch may be for sound 'problems'? It's all software, you know, so it's dfinitely 'fixable' (only no one is doing the 'converting/fixing'). Each 'sound' folder would have to be addressed seperately, as the method used (ie: syntax)(not the files themselfs-they are all 'wav') to put together the sound.cfg is what 'makes' it, IMHO. I have Eric Cantu's sound for F-104 for FS2002 and it works good in FS9 and FSX (for Mil Jets, Concorde, UFO's, vehicles, snow buggy, etc, etc). And don't forget the CFS3 sounds, and when all else fails, use the C-172, 737, or Mooney Bravo default FSX sounds. My 2 cents.
    CB
    Napamule
    Last edited by napamule2; 06-14-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: add

10. Default

I have acceleration also. I have FSX Gold edition so it came with Acceleration. Has anyone tried uninstalling accelerationa and seeing if the sound problems still exist. This is the only major problem I have in FSX. If I could fix this, it would be a great sim. How developers say it is a FSX aircraft yet the sound files dont work is pretty poor work on their part.