Thread: my P51 engines get on fire after taking off..

Question my P51 engines get on fire after taking off..

HI,
    I havent played a lot with this plane but, is it normal that after taking off, engines get on fire ?! a message says there is not enough mixture but if i put it to 100 % BEFORE TAKEOFF it still gets on fire.
    I have not done any changes to FSX so i dont know why its doing that..

THANKU !

ASUS P5QPL VM
    Internet explorer 8
    INTEL DUALCORE E5400 2.85 GHZ OC
    WINDOWS XP SP3
    GFORCE GT 220 1GB
    4 GO RAM

It's a racing P-51 with a massively over-boosted engine. READ the instructions and follow their guidance. You cannot apply full throttle without doing something else...

Go to Aircraft > Realism settings and untick the "Engine stress causes damage" button.
    If you leave it ticked you have to carefully nursemaid the P-51's engine or it'll catch fire

The posts are correct. For this racing P-51, you cannot just push the throttle all the way to 100% and fly it. You need to keep an eye on the gauges and keep the dials "in the green". ScatterbrainKid used the word "nursemaid". Manage the engine properly, set it where you need it, and you'll soon discover this aircraft has lot of power and is a fantastic addition to the sim. You'll learn a lot from it. It's really awesome fun to fly!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    The posts are correct. For this racing P-51, you cannot just push the throttle all the way to 100% and fly it. You need to keep an eye on the gauges and keep the dials "in the green". ScatterbrainKid used the word "nursemaid". Manage the engine properly, set it where you need it, and you'll soon discover this aircraft has lot of power and is a fantastic addition to the sim. You'll learn a lot from it. It's really awesome fun to fly!
    Somehow something was wrong in the fsx'cfg file, i erased it, restarted fsx and accepted new mapping. Troubles are gone and, yes, we can let it go at 100 % throttle.
    There is no fire, no engines stoping, works great !

THANKU GUYS !

Nothing was wrong with the fsx.cfg file. You has engine stress causes damage selected and you were causing engine damage the way you were flying the aircraft. Rebuilding the fsx.cfg file reset the realism settings to the lowest level so there is no damage effects for your aircraft.

So you can fly them any way you want.
    Hello Dave

@ PawPaw's house - near KADS, Addison, Texas, USA

To clarify what I said earlier, if you go to Aircraft > Realism Settings and tick the 'Engine stress damages engine' box like this-

your Mustang engine will blow up in your face about 2 minutes after takeoff at full throttle like below unless you keep it sweet-

If you want to push full throttle WITH full realism settings, make sure you use ADI. ADI (I think it's Alcohol-Direct-Injection) significantly decreases the temperature of the combustion within the engine, and thus allows for much greater engine performance. It only has a limited amount per flight, and is monitored by a gauge on the main panel. It's used in racing situations that demand greater engine performance
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ | ATI Radeon HD 5750 | 4 GB DDR3 | Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ScatterbrainKid View Post
    To clarify what I said earlier, if you go to Aircraft > Realism Settings and tick the 'Engine stress damages engine' box like this-

your Mustang engine will blow up in your face about 2 minutes after takeoff at full throttle like below unless you keep it sweet-

Yeah, i am pretty sure that box was activated, you know it was about the first time i used that aircraft...not enough experienced ! lol THANKS.