Thread: Level D B767-300 for FSX where to buy?

Default Level D B767-300 for FSX where to buy?

Gentlemen,

I want to know where I can purchase a CD Box FSX version of Level D B767-300?

All I could find was a download version on the Flight 1 website.

Thanks.
    Stanner

PS What do you think of Just Flight B767-200/300, and Captain Sim B767-300
    for FSX as an alternative to Level D?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanner1953 View Post
    Gentlemen,

I want to know where I can purchase a CD Box FSX version of Level D B767-300?

All I could find was a download version on the Flight 1 website.

Thanks.
    Stanner

Stanner,
    the LvlD-767 is not available for FSX in a box

Question - why would one of the most (acclaimed) successful add-on aircraft not be available in a box when it was such a runaway success in FS9

If, like me, you live out in the boonies with slooooowwwww internet connection then downloads of large files are a non-starter.

I have the Just Flight/CLS 767-200/300 and love it
    Not as "demanding" as the Lvl-D or PMDG - it is, afterall, developed as part of the CLS F-lite series.
    It does have a full start-up procedure to follow and the main difference with the other two is in the FMC that is definitely "lite" by comparison.

The CLS FMC takes its information from the FS flight-plan (.pln file) in terms of speed, distance, altitude etc plus the various weights from the aircraft as loaded at the gate and through fuel-burn.
    From that info, the FMC gives you V-speeds, landing/flap speeds and also allows you to "go direct to" another waypoint etc as determined by ATC.

With the CLS you get a bunch of liveries for the 200/300 users but note that ALL aircraft are aliased to the "767-300 Passenger P&W".
    There is also an additional/optional add-on that gives you AWACS, Tanker and winglet 767s.

Hope that helps.

Ken
    Old enough to know better...
    ...young enough to do most of it again
    Intel Q6600; 4Gb RAM; 9800GT-512Mb; XP-Home-SP3. FSX; REX; GEX; UTX; FSC; RC4; UT2

Quote Originally Posted by Stanner1953 View Post
    Gentlemen,
    It really depends on what kind of sim experience you are looking for. If you are looking for accurate system simulations then the Level-D is the one you should get. (Note that "accurate" does not mean "complicated" here - the 767 is a relatively simple plane to fly, and the product comes with a good tutorial flight and an excellent manual).

If a good looking model and VC is important to you, the Captain Sim version may be the better option - CS is known for their excellent modelling. The Level D is very plain in comparison (but it is very easy on the FPS. Also, there are some user-supplied mods available for download to registered users of the Level-D, giving you a widescreen 2D panel and a somewhat improved VC).

The Captain Sim 767 is available in boxed format: http://www.aerosoft.com

Tom
    Last edited by trisager; 04-25-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Wink

just download it !!!
    its a great plane !