Thread: Into which folder extract FSX flight lesson files

Default Into which folder extract FSX flight lesson files

I bought Van West & Lane Cummings book "MS Flight Simulator for Pilots.Real World Training."
    They suggest you download a compressed folder from www.wiley.com, called FSX_Files.zip, that contains various flights and flight lessons.

My question is: into what Flight Simulator X folder do I extract the files so that they appear in my FSX program, so that I can load them from my Free Flight menu?

On page 33 it says "From the FSX home screen, choose Free Flight on the left menu, and then click the Load button. Choose Chapter_02_First_flight, and click Fly now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

Into the Flights sub folder in your FSX folder.

Blog Entries

Default Flight File locations

There should be detailed instructions in the download, but all Free Flight and Saved flight files go in the "My Documents\Flight Simulator X files" folder; other than missions, it's the only folder you can normally access from inside the sim.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

That's a great book, by the way. Highly recommend it as a companion for the serious simmer. You can purchase it at Amazon here.
    Last edited by fsxmissionguy; 04-17-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks fellows for your help. I copied the extracted files and pasted them into the Flight Simulator X files inside My Documents folder and --big sigh of relief - it's working! Great!

Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum. Big question: In the book Flight Simulator for Pilots book it says. "Go to www.wiley.com, then search for (the book) then click on the link.
    Where's the link?? If somebody could paste the complete link into the forum for me I'd be very grateful.

All the best

Default Google Is Your Friend

I entered 'Wiley FSX' in Google search and went right to it (that's for the next time/occassion for a search).
    Link: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...-DOWNLOAD.html .
    CB
    Napmule
    Last edited by napamule2; 06-13-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: add

Hi,

Now see if you can find the .zip file of the lessons on Wiley. This is really what the posters here are looking for!

Default Picture

First click on link. There you will see this page. Click on HTTP for ZIP files. Get 'FoxItReader' (PDF reader-it's functions the same as Adobe Reader) because Adobe Reader might install the 'Air' utility (which 'grabs' the air file extension). For downloading 'Excerpts', right click on link and choose 'Save Target As' and then click 'Save'. (You will need FoxItReader to read, of course.)
    CB
    Napamule
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by napamule2; 06-13-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add

Thanks!