Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IRIS F14 Tomcat Automatic Wing Control?

Default IRIS F14 Tomcat Automatic Wing Control?

Hey all -

Lately I've been flying planes I normally don't befor my exclusive switch over to our Starship for flying when it's released this summer, but I have a question I'm hoping some of you can answer on IRIS's F14 Pro.

I looked in the instruction manual and can't find anything on this.

How do you allow computer control of the wing sweep on the F14 so that I don't have to manually do it?

I stalled the plane a number of times with that, and want to get it right.

Their site is also under maintanence right now, so I can't get to it to look it up there either...

Thanks!

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+
    Last edited by Ragtopjohnny; 04-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

I wish I knew I can't get auto swept to work either.

3. Default

I am using Dino Cattaneo's F-14D but I have also the IRIS F-14 manual as additional reference, which is freely downloadable.

In the IRIS F-14 by default wings sweep is manual (controlled by the Engine#1 Prop pitch) and you can use SHIFT+E followed by 3 to switch to auto wings sweep.

Both controls should be available also somewhere in the VC.

Cheers,

Paolo

Thanks Paolo! I will try that and report back my findings!

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

Found out the right way for automatic wing control now....

1. Wing Sweep left in Auto Position (Glass Cover must also be raised to enable sweeping)

2. Inlet ramps in the Automatic Position.

My problem was I was not allowing the Glass Cover. The Shift E is related to doors, so that unfortunately does not apply unless you want to loose control of your F14 in mid fligt

Thanks for the replies though, this should be all set now. (I hope)

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Blog Entries

Ahh, but now you don't have an excuse for when you stall out - a bad pilot always blames his tools...
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    Found out the right way for automatic wing control now....

1. Wing Sweep left in Auto Position (Glass Cover must also be raised to enable sweeping)

2. Inlet ramps in the Automatic Position.

My problem was I was not allowing the Glass Cover. The Shift E is related to doors, so that unfortunately does not apply unless you want to loose control of your F14 in mid fligt

Thanks for the replies though, this should be all set now. (I hope)

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+
    Hi John,

As I wrote, the keyboard shortcut to switch should be "SHIFT+E, followed by 3", not simply SHIFT+E (that's the canopy ;-), also in the other F-14D).

Paolo

Paolo,

Not sure if it's a mapping thing then with FSX....but - when I try to do the shift + e then followed by 3 the Canopy still opens up, for some odd unknown reason.

I do appreciate your response for it, but if it's a method on the Dino Catano one it might differe from the IRIS way of doing it - that's just my theory behind that. Not sure why this happens....

Thanks for your suggestions though...

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Jevans View Post
    Ahh, but now you don't have an excuse for when you stall out - a bad pilot always blames his tools...
    Just like the User/Operator in the I.T. world, right???? .

Oh, one thing's weird - I do use that method - it does work now, but the canopy does open every time I use it - have not one idea why????

Theories? Thoughts?

John Thuot II
    A+/Network+

Default Too Slow?

You must press 'Shift+E' then QUICKLY press '3'. You might be too slow pressing the '3'. But, you do not press and hold-you let go of 'Shift+E' before you press '3'. (Talk about tools! (hehe)).
    CB
    Napamule

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast