Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Utility: Remove trees from end of runways

1. Default Utility: Remove trees from end of runways

Folks,

I recall some discussion of a utility that will remove trees from the end of runways (some runways in Fs2004 are hard to land with close trees.).

I found one for FSX but I recall discussion of one for Fs2004. If you could point me in the right direction I will be much obliged!

Tom

Have a look at this post by Bill Leaming. I think this is what you are after?

Don

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...t=tree+removal

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by musky View Post
    Have a look at this post by Bill Leaming. I think this is what you are after?

Don

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...t=tree+removal
    It looks to me as if Bill's suggestions are for FSX, but for FS2004:

You can use any "exclude" software to remove trees and other autogen objects.

If you happen to have AFX it does it very easily and neatly within your AF data file, the others create a separate file and some can be a little cumbersome to use.

John

Use ExcBuilderV2. I use that all the time remove trees, buildings, radar or VOR were stuck on ramp or runway etc..

Freeware excbuilderV2 on flightsim or avsim.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Star56 View Post
    Folks,

I recall some discussion of a utility that will remove trees from the end of runways (some runways in Fs2004 are hard to land with close trees.).

I found one for FSX but I recall discussion of one for Fs2004. If you could point me in the right direction I will be much obliged!

Tom
    Many of us use ExcBuilder -

This link will take you to the program and an Illustrated Tutorial showing how to use it. Very simple.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...4sd&DLID=71534

ADE9X can also make excludes (and a host of other things). That program now works in both FSX and FS2004.

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filema...rent%20Version

Hope that helps.
    David "Opa" Marshall

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post
    Many of us use ExcBuilder -

This link will take you to the program and an Illustrated Tutorial showing how to use it. Very simple.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...4sd&DLID=71534

ADE9X can also make excludes (and a host of other things). That program now works in both FSX and FS2004.

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filema...rent%20Version

Hope that helps.
    With respect, I have ExcBuilder v2 and it does not have a specific option to remove autogen objects - the only way I know to do it with that software is to exclude "all objects" and that needs doing with care to ensure you don't also delete airport features you want to retain. The version of ADE9X that I possess does not, as far as I can establish, have any facility to exclude autogen items; this is confirmed by the documentation.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnhinson View Post
    With respect, I have ExcBuilder v2 and it does not have a specific option to remove autogen objects - the only way I know to do it with that software is to exclude "all objects" and that needs doing with care to ensure you don't also delete airport features you want to retain. The version of ADE9X that I possess does not, as far as I can establish, have any facility to exclude autogen items; this is confirmed by the documentation.

John
    I have ADE 9X Ver 1.47.03 and there is an option on the top menu to create an exclusion rectangle. My cursor is pointing to it in the screenshot.

Of course there is no specific choice of removing trees only - I have not seen that in any of the various "exclude" programs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_103.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	59842  
    David "Opa" Marshall

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post
    I have ADE 9X Ver 1.47.03 and there is an option on the top menu to create an exclusion rectangle. My cursor is pointing to it in the screenshot.

Of course there is no specific choice of removing trees only - I have not seen that in any of the various "exclude" programs.
    But does that actually remove autogen? The manual says otherwise - page 170 of ADE9x-Manual-EN.pdf states:

Please note that scenery exclusions do not remove autogen objects.
    To remove autogen objects, you must create an airport background terrain polygon with the “excludeAutogen” property set (see chapter 15.2 for more information) . (for FSX only)

From that I concluded that ADE9X does not exclude autogen objects in FS2004.

John

MS did not design exclude rectangles to remove trees or certain autogen type objects outside the airport boundarys. However by selecting 'ALL' you might get the exclude to remove the trees from around the airport. Every exclude rectangle that works to remove trees at a airport there will also be areas that it does not work in FS9.

ADE9X is based on the SDK foundation code so it is hit or miss if using a exclude rectangle to remove autogen or trees or what can be called a short cut. When the short cut fails then you must do as FS9 does and use the proper VPT excludes as seen when using Sbuilder.

We wrote the document in ADE9X to coincide with the SDK's. If the short cut exclude rectangle fails to remove the trees or autogen (in FS9) then as per our statements you must use a more powerful type scenery tool such as Sbuilder.

My experience:

I have used ExcBuilder for a number of years now and have never had any problems excluding trees with it.

I have also use ADE 9X a few times for the same purpose and again, no problems excluding trees - which in both cases I presume were autogen trees.

I have not needed to resort to any other method - at least not yet.
    David "Opa" Marshall