Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with aicarriers2 (help please!)

Question Problem with aicarriers2 (help please!)

I did a search and apparently I'm not the first to have issues. Seems it always happens to Vista or Windows 7 users though...

Those searches didn't do anything to fix my problem, so I'm starting a new thread (sorry!)

So here's the deal... I have a new computer with Windows 7. I wanted to get the awesome Javier Fernandez Nimitz. I installed aicarriers through the installer program, and it prompted me to get Java, saying I didn't have it. I followed the link, got the current version 64 bit Java. I still got the Java error window with all it's simconnect failure code when I started FSX, so I rebooted and figured that was it. Nope. Then I went and got 32 bit Java since my computer has both 64 and 32 bit. Still no dice.

I've since uninstalled and reinstalled aicarriers numerous times just to be sure, to no avail.

It was at this point that I installed carriertracks because I just wanted the dang carrier. Which I am happily doing bounce and goes and bolters off of in the meantime because I still don't have the arrestor cables working.

Then I saw the link to the thread at Avsim:

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=252685

I did that, and it still didn't work. (However, in hindsight I didn't delete carriertracks in doing so. Issue?)

So now, I don't know what the deal is. I do NOT have Acceleration, so I'm wondering if that is the issue... however, a friend of mine has the carrier working on his Win XP machine just fine and he doesn't have Acceleration either, so I'm thinking it's just me...

Can anyone help me? I'm begging you... BTW, because I'm using the carriertracks (1 and 2) program in the meantime, I have a question on that as well. Do I have to install arrcab for the arrestor cables and cats to operate? Does anyone think having carriertracks installed is stopping aicarriers from working?
    Last edited by kickZ; 02-27-2010 at 09:38 AM.

20 miles from EGNM, Halifax, West Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by kickZ View Post
    So now, I don't know what the deal is. I do NOT have Acceleration, so I'm wondering if that is the issue...
    I have Acceleration with Win7 x64, and it doesn't work for me either. I just put it down to incompatability or something. There are carriers in Acceleration, but I cant be bothered scouring the carrier routes to find them, at such a time, at such a location, I just want to land on the damn carriers

Default Carrier Schedule

Try this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are the locations and schedules of the working (trap wires, meatball, catapult, etc...)
    Acceleration aircraft carriers

from samusi01 at sim-outhouse.com

Honolulu (12 hour voyage)
    -Depart Pearl Sun 1645, Returns Mon 0300, after running counterclockwise
    around Lanai, Maui and Molokai.
    -Depart Pearl Thur 0445, Returns Thur 1600, reverses previous route

Everett (KPAE) (33 hour voyage)
    -Departs Fri 0715, Arv SF Sat 1800
    -Departs SFO Mon 1915, Arv Everett Wed 0630

San Francisco (18 hour voyage) North Island
    -Departs SFO Sat 1730, Arv SDiego Sun 1115
    -Departs SAN Wed 0515, Arv SFO Wed 2315

Have Fun!
    David "Opa" Marshall
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    One note: Times on this schedule are LOCAL times (not ZULU times).
    CB
    Napamule
    Last edited by napamule2; 02-27-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: add

Ragupasta - Once you find one off the previous schedule - just save the flight. Carrier will be there every time you start should you wish to practice carrier landings. I keep the one cruising off the coast of Maui in a saved flight.

I have AICarrier2r2 and the add-on carriers using Windows 7 with acceleration. I had no problems and used the installer - didn't install the manual option. I installed the java script before I ever fired it up, but not sure if that matters.

Did you use the version 2 add-on? uss_nimitz_ike_version2 available here?

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...8-details.html

It's the one I used and it works well.

Kickz - This version says it only needs service pack 2. Not acceleration. Try using these air craft carriers. I have not heard of carrier tracks and it might solve the problem. I downloaded each of the add-ons they talked about on this site and all worked well. I then reinstalled using the version 2.zip because of an issue I had with one of the acceleration pack missions but both worked with AI Carriers.
    Download site - http://flightsimulatorxworld.com/lib...Nimitz/details

These carriers are way more realistic to fly off so I hope you get it going. evidenced here - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=209201
    Last edited by jring2; 02-28-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz, 16 gig 1200 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 660 w/3gig
    OS=Windows 7 - 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v2, REXII, Orbx products
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jring2 View Post
    I have AICarrier2r2 and the add-on carriers using Windows 7 with acceleration. I had no problems and used the installer - didn't install the manual option. I installed the java script before I ever fired it up, but not sure if that matters.

Did you use the version 2 add-on? uss_nimitz_ike_version2 available here?

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...8-details.html

It's the one I used and it works well.

Kickz - This version says it only needs service pack 2. Not acceleration. Try using these air craft carriers. I have not heard of carrier tracks and it might solve the problem. I downloaded each of the add-ons they talked about on this site and all worked well. I then reinstalled using the version 2.zip because of an issue I had with one of the acceleration pack missions but both worked with AI Carriers.
    Download site - http://flightsimulatorxworld.com/lib...Nimitz/details

These carriers are way more realistic to fly off so I hope you get it going. evidenced here - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=209201
    John, thanks for your reply. I did indeed get those same files... but, I only have SP1. However, my friend doesn't have SP2 or Acceleration either and got his to work somehow. So the whole situation annoys me. I'm trying to get Acceleration again and can't find it in any of the stores. What really pisses me off is I DID have it -- my brother got it for me for my birthday 2 years ago. I found the case in my office and was all excited. Opened the case and it was empty.

New question: In order to make the Fresnel lens (meatball) operate and light up, does one need to have Acceleration? How about the opening jet blast deflectors?

Theres one on ebay. Out of Britian. However - service pack two should work fine. Why do you only have SP1?

Two is an easy install and increases the FSP for me.
    AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz, 16 gig 1200 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 660 w/3gig
    OS=Windows 7 - 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v2, REXII, Orbx products
    John

Theres one on ebay. Out of Britian. However - service pack two should work fine. Why do you only have SP1?

I didn't think of the fact that I could probably get it from Microsoft. I'll try that for sure and report back.

20 miles from EGNM, Halifax, West Yorkshire

jring2: Yeah I have those carriers. Turns out it does work fine, was a silly error made by me. Its a really nice addition.

Cheers

However - service pack two should work fine. Why do you only have SP1?

THANK YOU!!!! It suddenly works now. Although, I still can't use the catapults or arresting wire, which will be the next thing I need advise on. Any hints for me there?

I didn't have SP2 because my friend said it did all kinds of screwed up stuff, like black out the canopy/windows on his addons. Which it did do to me as well, but I'm willing to overlook it for the carriers.

I'm pretty sure you need Acceleration to get the catapult's and arresting wires to function.