Thread: FSX Deluxe Repair Fatal Error

Exclamation FSX Deluxe Repair Fatal Error

Hey all,

I am having serious issues with the repair function of FSX Gold Edition. Because my default scenery was loading incredibly slow and with no fix available, I decided to repair the features of my FSX Deluxe first, as I figured that's where the problem would be. I already had Acceleration installed at the time, in case that's significant. I successfully repaired FSX Deluxe, and when I went to re-start FSX again, I encountered a problem. The splash screen would pop up, and then it would not do anything for a minute or two. Then, a window would pop up, saying that FSX had encountered a fatal error and needed to close . I tried multiple times, all with the same result. FSX will not start up, and I cannot figure out why. Can anybody help me out, and give me tips to solve my problem without having to re-install completely? I don't want to lose my 400+ hours of flight time (In my Aerosoft F-16 ), and I especially don't want to re-install every other addon I have as well.

Thanks,

dglove23

Quote Originally Posted by dglove23 View Post
    I already had Acceleration installed at the time, in case that's significant.

I don't want to lose my 400+ hours of flight time (In my Aerosoft F-16 ), and I especially don't want to re-install every other addon I have as well.
    Maybe first try uninstalling Acceleration before doing the repair.

If you really consider a re-install:
    for the flight hours: make a copy of logbook.BIN in C:\Users\<yr user name>\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ and put it somewhere safe.

Default Must Repair Both

dglove23,
    If you 'repair' the FSX part, you MUST do a 'repair' to Acceleration part too. I believe that is what is messing up the works. Try that and post back.

Be sure you 'repair' FSX and restart your but don't run FSX yet. Then stick the acceleration disk in and do it's 'repair'. Restart your pc. Then run FSX, fly a default airplane for about a minute. Shut FSX down. Restart you PC again and then run FSX to ck things are 'sticking'. The restarts are essential part of the whole process.

Of course back up fsx.cfg if you have tweaks. And your flight hours log. Copy add-ons (I do the entire 'Flight Simulator X' folder so I can keep my gauges, etc. You will delete that and get the space back when it's all working) to temp folder (all files should should work when you copy back, as you are not re-installing to a different drive). If you have an external drive, do a 'clone' of the drive (all of it) where you have FSX installed-I do that too). A 'clone' keeps everyting as an exact copy of files (not compressed or encrypted).
    CB
    Napamule

Quote Originally Posted by dglove23 View Post
    Hey all,

I am having serious issues with the repair function of FSX Gold Edition. Because my default scenery was loading incredibly slow and with no fix available, I decided to repair the features of my FSX Deluxe first, as I figured that's where the problem would be.
    Thanks,

dglove23

SO: Do you have "FSX Gold Edition".. AND.. "FSX Deluxe Edition" installed on the same computer..? I thought Gold Edition already had Acceleration built in, and was considered an upgrade to the original Deluxe Edition. Just wondering. SPOFF

Quote Originally Posted by SPOFF View Post
    SO: Do you have "FSX Gold Edition".. AND.. "FSX Deluxe Edition" installed on the same computer..? I thought Gold Edition already had Acceleration built in, and was considered an upgrade to the original Deluxe Edition. Just wondering. SPOFF
    FSX Gold Edition is the last release of FSX - it contains Deluxe and Acceleration, with Acceleration on its own separate disk, and Deluxe on its normal two. It's basically buying Deluxe and Acceleration for a better deal

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    dglove23,
    If you 'repair' the FSX part, you MUST do a 'repair' to Acceleration part too. I believe that is what is messing up the works. Try that and post back.

Be sure you 'repair' FSX and restart your but don't run FSX yet. Then stick the acceleration disk in and do it's 'repair'. Restart your pc. Then run FSX, fly a default airplane for about a minute. Shut FSX down. Restart you PC again and then run FSX to ck things are 'sticking'. The restarts are essential part of the whole process.

Of course back up fsx.cfg if you have tweaks. And your flight hours log. Copy add-ons (I do the entire 'Flight Simulator X' folder so I can keep my gauges, etc. You will delete that and get the space back when it's all working) to temp folder (all files should should work when you copy back, as you are not re-installing to a different drive). If you have an external drive, do a 'clone' of the drive (all of it) where you have FSX installed-I do that too). A 'clone' keeps everyting as an exact copy of files (not compressed or encrypted).
    CB
    Napamule
    Okay, I did exactly what you said, but I have a serious problem. Acceleration repair won't work!! I have noticed though, that if i remove the FA-18 folder, then the repair does work, and puts a fresh new FA-18 folder in there (default one, not the original one with the repaints). So, I'm assuming Acceleration cannot be repaired, because there is nothing to repair.

I have tried restarting and repairing, but I keep getting the same message. I can't fix Acceleration, so I think I'm left with only one good option: uninstall+reinstall.

I have the files transferring as we speak - I copied my entire FSX folder into the external drive for backup (as well as my desktop for easy reach)