Thread: Traffic X Problem

1. Post Traffic X Problem

I've just recently installed Traffic X and Traffic X Plus Pack. I'm having some trouble because the default AI traffic from FSX is still there, I do not want it there. For some reason the default traffic will not go away, can anyone help?

-Thanks

2. Default

I have the same. I think tinkering with the control panel, you will ne able to untick the default traffic airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdilo4 View Post
    I've just recently installed Traffic X and Traffic X Plus Pack. I'm having some trouble because the default AI traffic from FSX is still there, I do not want it there. For some reason the default traffic will not go away, can anyone help?

-Thanks
    Which default traffic?

Most AI traffic programs use the default GA aircraft for some, or all, of their GA.

Also understand that the FS definition of GA and Airline traffic is different from ours.

In the aircraft.cfg file fltsim.x section there is a line:

atc_airline=

If there is an entry in that line - it is Airline AI traffic. If there is no entry it is GA AI traffic. That means some of the default B747 repaints are GA and some of the Caravans are Airline.

As far as disabling all the default AI traffic flight schedules - look for the file trafficAircraft.bgl - that is the file holding the schedules and aircraft to be used. By default it should be located in Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Rename the file to some file extension which is not .BGL at the end.

AI traffic files do not have to have the word traffic in the name - so watchout for scenery addons which will put default aircraft back in your FS world. Some folks do that to create 'static' aircraft in their sceneries.
    Hello Dave

@ PawPaw's house - near KADS, Addison, Texas, USA

4. Smile

I removed the trafficAircraft.bgl file and the default FSX traffic is gone which is good. However, whenever I start up FSX a window pops up telling me that there are multiple objects with the same name and it tells me they need unique names. It does this for every aircraft and livery, it is not as big a problem as my previous problem but I would like to know if there is a way to fix it.

-Thanks for the help. Hope you can help with this problem.

Write down some of the aircraft names. As it says - you have duplicate title= entries for aircraft. The title= entry is how FS find aircraft to use as AI.

Murphy will make sure that if you have a title listed twice, FS will pick the worst one to use.

Probably an install has run twice, and rather than replacing the original entries, it just added to the end of the list.

You need to edit the aircraft.cfg files for the impacted aircraft and remove the duplicated titles.

Be sure to backup files before you start editing.

Changes in the title= line may prevent the aircraft from showing up in FS.
    Hello Dave

@ PawPaw's house - near KADS, Addison, Texas, USA

I have seen this exact same question asked before on the Traffic X forums and the (official) response from Just Flight support was as follows ... As a user of Traffic X, I copied this response in to a Readme.txt and stored it away in case I needed it someday ...

To get rid of the default FSX AI traffic, go to your Scenery/World/Scenery folder and rename the file "TrafficAircraft.bgl" to "TrafficAircraft._bgl". (Note that the Traffic X installation should have automatically done this for you.)

If you ever uninstall Traffic X and want to reinstate the default FSX traffic, do the exact opposite ... go to your Scenery/World/Scenery folder and rename the file "TrafficAircraft._bgl" back to "TrafficAircraft.bgl".
    Last edited by freddy; 01-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.

7. Default

The titles seem to be different, when I go to change the title, the red line appears to tell me that it is misspelled. There are also no duplicate files. I guess I will just leave it the way it is, I may decide to uninstall and reinstall in the future. If another way is found it would be much appreciated.

-Thanks for all your help everyone.

8. Default

I installed Traffic X it was great really like it. Had some problems with FSX took it out,but FSX back in,along with traffic X,A new download, it opens up about1/3 retracting files my whole computer freezes up.Nothing works shut it down with the power button.I have written Just Flight many notes. No help so far,they will not E-Mail me so I can post this on their fourm.
    Last edited by skyscott; 06-20-2012 at 09:50 PM.