Thread: Problem Loading FSX

Default Problem Loading FSX

I have a problem and I need some help. A friend of mine had FSX loaded on his computer running XP and it crashed. When I went to run the repair, it doesn't even recognize the FSX disc in the drive. Thinking it was the drive, I tried other DVD's and they work just fine. Only when you load an FSX DVD in the drive does it do this.

I had to completely remove the program manually. I have went thru and deleted every file I can find that has anything to do with FSX, even in the registry. I have ran cleaner programs and rebooted the computer several times. Still, it will not read FSX at all. It doesn't even recognize there is even a disc in the drive. But I can still load the Acceleration DVD and it will give me the install screen.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions to resolve this?

Perhaps it's the disk gone bad? Have you tried it in any other coputer?
    AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz, 16 gig 1200 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 660 w/3gig
    OS=Windows 7 - 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v2, REXII, Orbx products
    John

Yes, I have tried that too. It will work in another computer, spools right up.

There is a post a few posts down with the same problem sounds like. There was a link to check. Not sure if its the same or not but sounded like it.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=207874

I have no answers but perhaps they do.
    AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz, 16 gig 1200 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 660 w/3gig
    OS=Windows 7 - 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v2, REXII, Orbx products
    John

Hi,

If your disk will load in another computer then why not install through a network. I do this regularly and have all my installation software on my centre computer. You could also copy the disk to your computer through the same network and keep on your hard drive an install from there in future.
    You could then make a backup disk as you are entitled to.
    Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

I didn't think about the network installation. Thanks for the info, I will install it over the network.