Thread: Update Defualt NAV Data

Federal Way, Washington, United States of America.

Default Update Defualt NAV Data

Is there a way to update the default nav data for FSX? As time goes by and I start using newer plates and charts I begin to notice more and more that especially GPS fixes are missing or in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardmon View Post
    Is there a way to update the default nav data for FSX? As time goes by and I start using newer plates and charts I begin to notice more and more that especially GPS fixes are missing or in the wrong place.

Hi, updating the navaid database "in bulk" can't be done but, I've been able to add many new navaids used in SID/STARS with Airport Design Editor in approach mode. These will show up in the flightplanner and GPS. It would be great if others who design/release airport scenery consulted the SID/STARS charts and added them to their releases, as well.
    Regards, Kendall

3. Default

Actually it has been done in bulk. http://www.btinternet.com/~gb.mitch/index.html
    It says for FS9, but it works in FSX just fine. Enjoy!

Nick

Well, I agree that it works, but I'm not sure about the "just fine" part. What that will do is to install the 5-letter waypoint data that the author had. What it does not do is:

Does not include the airway data (route elements) that show the low level (V) and high level (J) ATS routes between wayopints.

Does not update navaid waypoints (primarily VORs).

Does not correlate the added waypoint data with the approach and terminal_waypoint database.

scott s.

Quote Originally Posted by Irocx View Post

snip-----

It would be great if others who design/release airport scenery consulted the SID/STARS charts and added them to their releases, as well.
    Some of us have been doing that since the release of FS9. Some of my work with payware even takes the more current FSX nav database and places it back into FS9.

As Scott points out all the bulk type Navaid bgl's (available) and there authors do not know that FS is built on the ARINC 424 document standard. These bulk addins cannot differentiate between a WAYPOINT and a TERMINAL_WAYPOINT and what part of the Nav Database owns what.

jim