Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loading Stops at 6% During "Loading Terrain Data"

Default Loading Stops at 6% During "Loading Terrain Data"

A new problem (surprise) that just started today. Basically what the title says. I'll set up a Free Flight, click Fly Now, and the loading screen will stop at 6% and never continue. I let it sit for 25 or so minutes before Ctrl-Alt-Deleting and shutting down the program.

If you need my PC specs, tell me. I have a medium speed PC. And I recently "overhauled" FSX. Complete reinstall essentially. Any help would be great.
    The pilot is bound only by his mind and his machine. We must expand the mind before we expand the machine, and by expanding the mind, we may expand the machine. Our mind is being expanded by the sim. It is not a game.

Not sure why it would do that but, it happens when loading certain airports for me, but if i leave it a few days without trying to load that airport up it works

Just make sure all other programes are closed so all the cpu power goes towards fsx,

BTW you should probably put up your pc specs for the more computer literate guys
    Regards,
    Dylan

My Youtube

A thread here that looks at slow loading issues-

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...ighlight=hangs

Quote Originally Posted by Constinator25 View Post
    A new problem (surprise) that just started today. Basically what the title says. I'll set up a Free Flight, click Fly Now, and the loading screen will stop at 6% and never continue. I let it sit for 25 or so minutes before Ctrl-Alt-Deleting and shutting down the program.

If you need my PC specs, tell me. I have a medium speed PC. And I recently "overhauled" FSX. Complete reinstall essentially. Any help would be great.
    I've had that "6% load then hang" happen before. Unfortunately, that was two years ago and I think either SP1 or SP2 fixed it.

When you uninstalled FSX, did you delete the folder in case it's still there?
    2.8ghz AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE 4th Core Enabled/Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-U2DH/A-Data XPG 8gb DDR3 1600G/Sapphire 1gb ATI HD 5770/500gb WD Green SATA 3.0 HDD/Diablotek 650w PSU/Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM/FSX SP2/X-Plane 9.40RC16/Catalyst 9.12/SB Audigy 2 Value/Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers

Whilst not an expert onthe subject, this has happended a few timest to me. Sometimes, I'll restart FSX, reload the flight and it's OK.

I think sometimes it happensi f I have other software running - perhaps it's just using too much memory.

Also, if my settings are too high (typically I run with a high LOD-radius setting which can cause this).

Remember also, that FSX is loading in a particular order. After the aircraft, it loads the mesh, then the different levels of scenery, then the traffic and the weather (or something like that).

So you can tell if it stops early (6% in your case), that it is early in that cylce and that may be where to look for the problem sometimes.

For me, it usually means toning down the settings or uninstalling a few of the sceneries (or aircraft) I suspect might be causing a problem or conflict to narrow it down.

Problems in fsx are very often related to something you added or changed in the recent past, so consider undoing anything you have done in the last day, then the last week, etc.

Hope this porivdes some help.

IAN

Thanks for the replies all.

I restarted FSX and loaded a completely different flight, with near ZERO settings and it still stuck at 6. I even rebooted. I will try that article from Scatterbrain.

Oh and Jun, I did delete the folder.
    The pilot is bound only by his mind and his machine. We must expand the mind before we expand the machine, and by expanding the mind, we may expand the machine. Our mind is being expanded by the sim. It is not a game.

It's working now. Just needed a break I guess. It's still taking a ridiculously long time though.

8. Default

Wonder if defraging the HD would help?? Have not read the article and that is probably in there
    Windows 7 64x, 6 gigs RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 260, Intel 2 Quad Core running at 2.66

Quote Originally Posted by Constinator25 View Post
    It's working now. Just needed a break I guess. It's still taking a ridiculously long time though.
    If you have a favorite location, favorite aircraft, and favorite weather that you go back to often, you can load up one such mission, save the flight before taking off and check the "make default flight" box.

Granted, my hardware is fairly new. But, FSX loading time is 15 seconds from clicking the icon to the free flight screen. It takes 25-31 seconds from clicking the Fly Now button to the aircraft positioned for take off.
    2.8ghz AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE 4th Core Enabled/Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-U2DH/A-Data XPG 8gb DDR3 1600G/Sapphire 1gb ATI HD 5770/500gb WD Green SATA 3.0 HDD/Diablotek 650w PSU/Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM/FSX SP2/X-Plane 9.40RC16/Catalyst 9.12/SB Audigy 2 Value/Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers

Default Loading pause at 6%

My computer always stops at 6% for awhile, then moves on. There must be something difficult at that point.