Thread: FSX cockpit views

Angry FSX cockpit views

Vista 64 Bit Quad, 3 gigs Nvidia capable.

Question:
    I am an old, and I mean old Flight simmer. Starting from Square one. I fly mostly FS9 which seems to me to be the most stable platform MS has ever put out. I am sort of enthralled with FS10, because I have done a lotta fixing, and runs perfect on this machine, but is quirky as all #$#@. My main problem with it is the changing views in the cockpit whenever I look to the left or the right. Then come back and I'm looking into space.

I know control Q takes the views down, and the reverse up, but it drives me crazy that I cannot set the cockpit views forward and have them stay that way, as in FS9. I have a couple of add on panels that stay put, and there must be something in the aircraft file that sets the cockpit view to stay put, but to this day I have not figured it out. And I'm savvy about working in Aircraft.cfg files, or panel files. And if so why do "I" have to.

Secondly, why can't I fix the jerking when viewing my landing approach. Will save rest for later..

David

Quote Originally Posted by dcmair View Post
    Vista 64 Bit Quad, 3 gigs Nvidia capable.

Question:
    I am an old, and I mean old Flight simmer. Starting from Square one. I fly mostly FS9 which seems to me to be the most stable platform MS has ever put out. I am sort of enthralled with FS10, because I have done a lotta fixing, and runs perfect on this machine, but is quirky as all #$#@. My main problem with it is the changing views in the cockpit whenever I look to the left or the right. Then come back and I'm looking into space.

I know control Q takes the views down, and the reverse up, but it drives me crazy that I cannot set the cockpit views forward and have them stay that way, as in FS9. I have a couple of add on panels that stay put, and there must be something in the aircraft file that sets the cockpit view to stay put, but to this day I have not figured it out. And I'm savvy about working in Aircraft.cfg files, or panel files. And if so why do "I" have to.

Secondly, why can't I fix the jerking when viewing my landing approach. Will save rest for later..

David
    Re your "jerky" question - try setting it as Locked Spot view. Works well for me - especially on Instant Replay.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Blog Entries

Default Cockpit views

I'm pretty old at it too and I'd love to help.
    I keep hearing people talk about cockpit views not staying put... and I'm just not quite understanding what the issue is.

Please enlighten me if you can - Which view won't stay put? VC or 2D?

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

This works for me in 2d cockpit mode. load a flight with your aircraft etc. In the main 2D cockpit mode hit backspace and the minus key until you get to 30%. This will give you the best view of the runway etc. Once you have all the other things you would like to have set to make this your default flight, use the : key and save it as your default. Once you go from spot or any other view, when you use F10 to return to the cockpit view it will remain the same as the way you set it.
    Hope it makes sense.
    Bob G.
    Intel i5-2500K OC 4.5 Ghz,Gigabite P67A-UD3-B3, EVGA GTX 760 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, 128GB SSHD, 750W PSU, FSX Deluxe, Acceleration, Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. MTX5.4c
    Tis this for now anyway. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1955972

Quote Originally Posted by llivaudais View Post
    I'm pretty old at it too and I'd love to help.
    I keep hearing people talk about cockpit views not staying put... and I'm just not quite understanding what the issue is.

Please enlighten me if you can - Which view won't stay put? VC or 2D?

Loyd
    Thanx for replying.

Basically I only fly 2D. But in FS10, correct me if I'm wrong you have to restart FS10 to go from 2D to 3D, even with stock aircraft. Most addon aircraft such as a MD-83 don't have 3-D. I have no problem with VC's. But you have to realize that I am FS9 orientated.

Quote Originally Posted by bgets View Post
    This works for me in 2d cockpit mode. load a flight with your aircraft etc. In the main 2D cockpit mode hit backspace and the minus key until you get to 30%. This will give you the best view of the runway etc. Once you have all the other things you would like to have set to make this your default flight, use the : key and save it as your default. Once you go from spot or any other view, when you use F10 to return to the cockpit view it will remain the same as the way you set it.
    Hope it makes sense.
    Bob G.
    Yes does make sense finally.

Quote Originally Posted by opaplano View Post
    Re your "jerky" question - try setting it as Locked Spot view. Works well for me - especially on Instant Replay.
    You see what I mean, (FS Quirky). FS9 instant replay, set minutes, and walla...You went through 4 operations, I went through two.

thanx for you input much appreciated.

dcmair

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcmair View Post
    Thanx for replying.

Basically I only fly 2D. But in FS10, correct me if I'm wrong you have to restart FS10 to go from 2D to 3D, even with stock aircraft.
    No restart is needed!

in Settings->Display->Aircraft->"default cockpit view" radio button in the upper left quadrant, select 2D. That's just the default. Once you are in any cockpit view, press "A" to step through all the choices or right-click on the display and select the view from the menu.

The default view hotkeys F9 - F12 include both 2D and VC. You can remap the VC to something else if you don't want to use it.

If an AC doesn't have a VC then you probably won't have a menu choice for it or maybe it will be just out in the open like a 2D without a panel.

The LIC Eagle II Pitts I fly so much doesn't have a 2D, so when I select 2D, I just get the bird's eye view forward with no interior. I've probably got a number of the no-VC types in FS9, I just can't think of which ones those are right now...I fly usually from the spot position so I can actually see around me.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying: FSX Acceleration on Win7/64, Core Duo E8400; GA-EP45-DS3R; GTX 460-768MB; 4G RAM; Freezer 7 Pro

9. Default

Just try these before changing or setting things is to use

Shit+A and use your next view button. Also do it with F9 to F12 buttons.

One can find allot of views one may not have seen from cycling between various parts of panels to changing between Captains and co-pilots seats, flybys and so on. One has to practise and get use to also getting back to start how it was.