I guess this question is for Kevin, but other VRInsight users can chime in.
I've added a head tracking device, whether it be VRInsight or TrackIR, to my Christmas list this year. I asked my wife to purchase TrackIR but after reading the issues with TrackIR in a lighted environment I have some concerns. Our computer room is in a very bright room, lights on or off doesn't matter, except at night of course. After reading the review of VRInsight and the bringing up of the above issue and how VRInsight performs in a lighted environment, I believe this is the one for me. Fortunately, having head tracking in other games is not a necessity for me and the price seems fair for its lack of game title compatibility.
1. We know VRInsight performs well in a lighted environment, does it perform just as well in a dim or dark environment?
2. Kevin mentioned the HAT Track program must remain open for it to work in FSX. Was this just for the setup of the program; or even after setup it must remain running in the background? What effect would this have on a C2D 8400, 4G Ram @ 1066, and a Nvidia 8800 GTS 512, with XP Home SP2?
3. Although it appears VRInsight is a 6DOF tracker, Kevin did not mention it. Is this the case?
4. Since this uses FSUIPC and simconnect, can VRInsight operate off a networked computer, to reduce the stress on my FSX machine?
5. Do you like your VRInsight and would you recommend it to this tracker newb?