Thread: Another problem

Default Another problem

This is something I've never seen before: In my FS9 today all of a sudden, every aircraft that I've installed, when I want to fly it, in front of the plane, right on the ground, there's a burning little spot and sparks fly all over the place, I can still take off and fly it, but that burning spot with the flying sparks remain in front of the plane, just a few feet away from the nose. What the heck is that? Anybody experienced that? And how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help. (only on aircraft that I've downloaded, not on the ones that come with FS9.)

Default Good question

The sparks are an effect triggered by the aircraft.cfg file. The plane thinks it's touching the concrete. The Scrape points decide when this happens.

Do ALL you downloaded planes do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by datatrain View Post
    The sparks are an effect triggered by the aircraft.cfg file. The plane thinks it's touching the concrete. The Scrape points decide when this happens.

Do ALL you downloaded planes do this ?
    I agree with datatrain -

That of course should not be happening - so to double check, open the aircraft.cfg file (using Notepad) on one of the aircraft that exhibits this problem and find the [Effects] label.

It will look something like this:

[EFFECTS]
    wake=fx_wake
    water=fx_spray
    dirt=fx_tchdrt
    concrete=fx_sparks
    touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1

Comment out the line which starts with the word concrete by using two forward slash marks like this:

//concrete=fx_sparks

Now go fly that aircraft and see if the issue is still there with that aircraft.

If the "sparks" have gone away then you know something has changed the contact point section and that is another matter to deal with.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM

Yes datatrain, like I mentioned, all downloaded air cfraft do that suddenly. Frustrating, Don't know what to do with it, I mean how do I get rid of that foolish thing?

I had this happen a long time ago at the tail. It was caused by a effects file Opensky_sparks.fx
    John
    KFRG
    New York

Default Re; ANOTHER PROBLEM

Thank you so much David, its all fixed, thanks to you. If you are an American, HAPPY THANKSGIVING tomorrow. We here in Canada have our TG day early October.

Smile

Hello,

If the "sparks" have gone away then you know something has changed the contact point section and that is another matter to deal with.
    Indeed .. and it's very weird

I understand it can happen for ONE PLANE (and if you messed up the contact points or scrape points when trying change them for some reason)
    But how it can happend for ALL THE PLANES downloaded (every aircraft that I've installed)
    A other explaination can be all those planes are with a same model (same aircraft.cfg) and the contact points (or at least the scrape points) are incorrects.
    Curious to know what are those installed planes .....

Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 11-25-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by John H. View Post
    Thank you so much David, its all fixed, thanks to you. If you are an American, HAPPY THANKSGIVING tomorrow. We here in Canada have our TG day early October.
    Well what did you do to fix the problem? Please tell us.

I am Canadian (but live in Texas) so I get to celebrate Thangsgiving twice....lol
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM

Lucky you David, enjoy the turkey. What did I do to fix the problem? Just exactly what you told me to do.

As for what planes? all kinds of jets, mostly Opensky's though.

Thanks again, and have a great long weekend, y'all.

10. Smile

Hello,

mostly Opensky's though
    That's strange .. I use all the models (old and new) from Posky and never had this problem.
    Some have problem with scrape point but it's originated from the tail scrape point ... when they make bad take off or landing (tail strike)
    when I want to fly it
    I never had a problem with scrape point of Posky plane just when they are loaded ready to fly.
    And I have this concrete=fx_sparks string in my aircraft.cfg effects
    What is your saved default flight ?

Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 11-26-2009 at 01:40 PM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare