Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX GA-Traffic

Default FSX GA-Traffic

OK, I'm admitting defeat and begging for help. I installed this program at the recommendation of several people to get my GA traffic back after installing all the World of AI packages. I have been scouring the internet, including the AvSim forums where there is unofficial/official support of this program, and trying everything I could to get the AI traffic showing.

I understand there may be some conflict with the FS9 vs FSX .bgl files but I can not even find the new .bgl files that I believe should have been created by this program.

If ANYONE has the patience and desire to walk me through getting this program to work I would be eternally grateful. There might even be a free helicopter ride in it for ya!

Thanks in advance,

phxflyboy
    i5-2500K OC'd to 4.7GHz and Liq Cooled, 16 GB RAM
    470GTX SC GPU to TripleHead2Go w/3 19" HannsG digital monitors
    Saitek Pro Yoke, Pedals, and panels/Saitek X45/Logitech G15 keyboard
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Anyone? Even if you can point me in the right direction, like a downloadable manual or something. Or even if it's working for you and you can tell me what you did to make it work.

I'd really appreciate it.

phxflyboy
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Hello,phxflyboy
    I am not familar with that program...Here,s what I did after installing lots (and lot,s) of WOAI files....As you probably already know,FSX will not show the FSX default ai traffic files when WOAI (FS9) files are installed..Only the FS9 format files...Instead of having to convert all of the WOAI files to FSX format,Mr. Reggie Fields has converted the FSX .bgl traffic files to FS9 format...If you just go into your scenery/world/scenery folder and rename the FSX traffic .bgl,s to something like .bgl.org,and install his converted .bgl,s ,you can then have your FSX ai traffic along with all the WOAI ai traffic....Here is a link to his files:http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.co.../Def_GA_DL.htm

BMG50,

Thanks for the help. While I would like to get the other program to work, the method you gave me seems to be working well.

Question for ya...I downloaded the file on the link you gave me and unzipped it. Inside are flightplan files, airport files, and Traffic bgl files. I moved the bgl files to the proper scenery folder then converted them with bglfpfsxconvert and everything works. However, am I supposed to do anything with the other files?

phxflyboy
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Re the FSX GA Traffic question. Mine has worked seamlessly so far. To make any aircraft "AI-able", click on the aircraft you want. Mine automatically listed EVERY one on my computer, including default and WoAI. Click Generate Flightplan. I understand "Make AI Plane" is to reduce the texture size to save give more FPSs. The Generate flightplan takes a while as it installs (i guess) to every airport. Should be that simple!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMG50
    As you probably already know,FSX will not show the FSX default ai traffic files when WOAI (FS9) files are installed
    I do though! I don't know about the "traffic FILES", but I do have the traffic. Honestly I'm still not sure about the FS9/FSX WoAI relation, but all I know is I installed it and it worked, and now works along with default traffic with above mentioned program.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Default

Please be advised that we recommend that you edit the FS9 style files to FSX compatible files.
    You can use AIFPC by Peter van der Veen or Don Grovestine's AI Flightplanner.
    This will ensure that you have less problems with 3rd party scenery (if there would be such an issue).

The text files supplied with the download from Reggie Fields are there if you want to alter anything.
    As long as you don't the placement of the traffic BGL files in the scenery/world/scenery folder is sufficient.

Be aware that not all aircraft are AI capable.
    A lot of default models and 3rd party models that are flyable can be used as AI but they will take a bigger hit on the framerates.

The AI models used by WOAI or other AI developers are easier on the framerates then flyable aircraft.
    Kind regards,
    Tom van der Horst
    www.world-of-ai.com

Quote Originally Posted by meltsner View Post
    Re the FSX GA Traffic question. Mine has worked seamlessly so far. To make any aircraft "AI-able", click on the aircraft you want. Mine automatically listed EVERY one on my computer, including default and WoAI. Click Generate Flightplan. I understand "Make AI Plane" is to reduce the texture size to save give more FPSs. The Generate flightplan takes a while as it installs (i guess) to every airport. Should be that simple!

I do though! I don't know about the "traffic FILES", but I do have the traffic. Honestly I'm still not sure about the FS9/FSX WoAI relation, but all I know is I installed it and it worked, and now works along with default traffic with above mentioned program.
    FSX GA TRAFFIC apparently is a program that converts FS9 ai traffic .bgl,s to FSX ai traffic .bgl format.....That,s why you have the FSX ai traffic....My post was to offer an alternative to having to convert every FS9(WOAI) traffic file(flight plan)...Lou

Quote Originally Posted by BMG50 View Post
    FSX GA TRAFFIC apparently is a program that converts FS9 ai traffic .bgl,s to FSX ai traffic .bgl format.....That,s why you have the FSX ai traffic....My post was to offer an alternative to having to convert every FS9(WOAI) traffic file(flight plan)...Lou
    Ahhh..... that would explain it then. Thanks!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BMG50 View Post
    No, GA-Traffic is not a converter, it's a creator of FSX traffic files/ You select the planes, airports (if desired) and the amount of traffic and it will create a new traffic file in FSX format.

GA-Traffic is not the most user friendly utility, but it accomplishes it's goal quite well once you have worked with it and understand it. Many of the GA-oriented planes from FS9 can be used in FSX to help keep FPS at an acceptable level. Beware the Traffic slider that the utility uses! At far right settings you will be creating a file for 150% of the available parking slots and it will take a considerable amount of time to generate the file. Your skies will look like an interstate freeway on a three-day holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by phxflyboy View Post
    BMG50,

Thanks for the help. While I would like to get the other program to work, the method you gave me seems to be working well.

Question for ya...I downloaded the file on the link you gave me and unzipped it. Inside are flightplan files, airport files, and Traffic bgl files. I moved the bgl files to the proper scenery folder then converted them with bglfpfsxconvert and everything works. However, am I supposed to do anything with the other files?

phxflyboy
    No...They are the text files that are used to create the traffic.bgl file...Should be flightplan,airport and airplane(aircraft?) text files that when compiled becomes the Traffic.bgl that goes into your Scenery/World/Scenery folder...I have just always deleted them..They are included so you can change something ,if you want...If I have something wrong,anyone,please correct me..By the way,after posting in this thread,I batch converted all my ai traffic .bgl,s to FSX format..(finially)....HTH Lou

Edit: Now I,m back to fs9 .bgl,s...Lost ground AI at KLAX,KMIA but not KATL....WEIRD!!!
    Last edited by BMG50; 11-14-2009 at 04:28 PM.