Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ~Grand Canyon National Park, KGCN~ FSX, Photoreal OZx, REX, RealAir Duke B60

1. Default ~Grand Canyon National Park, KGCN~ FSX, Photoreal OZx, REX, RealAir Duke B60

See all 30 screenshots from the late afternoon flight: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/for...p?topic=5726.0
    See this OZx freeware for the Grand Canyon here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?a...ds&showfile=12

See information about Real Enviroment Xtreme here: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/

See the RealAir Beechcraft Duke B60 here: http://www.realairsimulations.com/li...?page=products

~ When we speak truth we need remember nothing ~

Great shots amigo I love the landing ones, it certainly seems like a very enjoyable and picturesque location to fly in. Something I will have to visit!

3. Default

My friend, hopefully you will get to see it in person one day. You will never forget that first time experiencing this natural splendor & wonder. This freeware OZx Grand Canyon with the Holgermesh is too cool for school. Is the first photoreal anything ever used in any of my flight sims. Could get used to photoreal stuff like this. A labor of love, it is. Thanks, Asad!

* Edit- That landing was a doozie, man. You can see the wind coming from 277 @ 11 knots going in on 21. The wind abruptly shifted just short of the threshhold to about 6 knots from 30! You know me... am always doing my best to get her down straddling the center line, but the last second wind shift did me in on this one. Recovered pretty well though, considering.
    Last edited by boxcar; 11-05-2009 at 02:57 AM.

4. Default

I was thinking about getting the terrain mesh for the US, I have gotten the SE from simvation?? I am pretty well pleased with it. should I get that first or will it matter?

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing David, some truly wonderful shots cousin.

David - Wow :-)
    Pete
    F34

Fantastic shots David! I posted a post with some shots of a flight I took over the Grand Canyon in the Bush Hawk and I have to say those are much better. Even though mine was at dusk. Great job!!!
    The pilot is bound only by his mind and his machine. We must expand the mind before we expand the machine, and by expanding the mind, we may expand the machine. Our mind is being expanded by the sim. It is not a game.

8. Default

DLR_41- No need for any mesh so far as this addon is concerned, as a 10M "Holgermesh" (named so from the incredibly detailed-oriented Holger Sandmann) is included in the package. After downloading the 500+ MB file & installation, simply insure that the Grand Canyon is activated in the FSX scenery library, as well as it remaining at a higher priority than any other installed mesh/scenery you may have of the area. Quite simple, actually, & oh-so-worth it.

Simon- Thank you for the compliment, my British cousin. Haven't been here so much lately, as first things first always, all ways. Good to see you here this a.m.

Pete- Heya, Pete! Long time, buddy. Good to see you here as well. Am pleased you like the post, guy, thank you.

Constinator- Am appreciating your kind words, buddy, especially coming from one as talented as you. It's All Good, man.
    Last edited by boxcar; 11-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Nice David! Looks good my friend! I downloaded it too, haven't flown over it yet, but can't wait to now after seeing that piece of art!

John Thuot II

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

10. Default

Thanks, John. Fine words, my friend. Make sure you click the 1st link below the top shot
    for the rest, in case you've not seen them. Some of the best ever personally captured, imo.

Last edited by boxcar; 11-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.