Thread: AI aircraft sound is there a way to improve it?

1. Question AI aircraft sound is there a way to improve it?

Hi; I would like to know if there is a way to improve the AI aircraft sound, eg startup taxi takeoff etc. my sounds seem all the same no increase for takeoffs . Thanks Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Robin7MacLaurin View Post
    Hi; I would like to know if there is a way to improve the AI aircraft sound, eg startup taxi takeoff etc. my sounds seem all the same no increase for takeoffs . Thanks Robin
    Go to Flightsim and AVsim. Search AI Sound. They have one already.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Robin7MacLaurin View Post

Many of us use the payware program called - FSHotSFX

http://www.fshotseat.com/Downloads.asp

It is no longer supported but is an excellent AI sound program.

The download includes a free trail - limited to Ohare Airport, if memory serves - but you will be very impressed by that sample.
    David "Opa" Marshall

I second opaplano's suggestion about FSHotSFX as it works great with FS9.

5. Smile

Thaks all; I've decided to go with Davids suggestion Fshotseat. Robin

But warned though that FSHotSFX has issues with both Radar Contact 4 and Pro Flight Emulator. The default ATC is not affected though.

I just use FSHotSFX and not FSHotSeat. FSHotSeat gives you cabin sounds in addition to the AI sounds. But FSHotSFX just gives you the AI sounds and that is I needed.

I have to say that I bought FSHotFx and was really excited with it at first, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. Realistic calls from Radar Contact and PFE ended up being more important to me. But if you are using the default ATC, then I highly recommend the program!

I have used the freeware audio editor Audacity for years and I ended up simply increasing the volume on all my default AI sounds by 200% or 300%, and that was more than satisfying for me. Stereo effects and all, which I didn't think was possible . . . (FWIW, I have shared my files with some other users over at AVSIM a while ago and some people said some of the files were louder or too loud than others, although I have not had that issue on my machine. I simply increased the volume on each file an equal amount -- not one any more than another, so I'm not sure how that could be.)

YMMV.

Chuck B.

There is a workaround for the issues with RC4 and PFE with FSHotSFX. I use it and that is to let the default ATC control the AI aircraft while RC4 controls your own aircraft. Works pretty well and the callsigns remain correct for yourself and the AI. Worth the extra little hassle to hear the spooling and reverser sounds as it really brings the airports alive.