Thread: Flattex

Default Flattex

Anyone used this program. I have tried to contact the builder of this program with a couple of questione with no answers?

Default Exclude lines

[Area.038]
    Title=Addon Scenery
    Local=Addon Scenery
    Layer=71
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Remote=
    Exclude=N29 42.28,W82 17.05,N29 41.61,W82 15.62,objects
    Exclude=N36 2.94,W79 28.77,N36 2.87,W79 28.68,objects

These are two exclude lines I have put in my Scenery.cfg file. The first workd perfect, the second does not. I know something is wrong in the second Exclude line for it to work. Can anyone help me with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by airfree View Post
    [Area.038]
    Title=Addon Scenery
    Local=Addon Scenery
    Layer=71
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Remote=
    Exclude=N29 42.28,W82 17.05,N29 41.61,W82 15.62,objects
    Exclude=N36 2.94,W79 28.77,N36 2.87,W79 28.68,objects

These are two exclude lines I have put in my Scenery.cfg file. The first workd perfect, the second does not. I know something is wrong in the second Exclude line for it to work. Can anyone help me with this ?
    Once upon a time I used that program and if memory serves you can only have 1 exclude under a given scenery entry (you can have multiple flatten staements if they are number sequentially).

Two options as I see it - add the second exclude to another entry (never tried that but might work)

OR - forget the Flattex program - adding that data to a scenery entry is seldom done anymore - and use a program like ExcBuilder.

Here is a link to the program and a tutorial:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...4sd&DLID=71534

Alternately, get ADE 9X - A comprehensive Airport Design Editor which can also make excludes.

http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

Both programs create exclude BGLs which can be placed with the scenery rather than a line which is added to the scenery.cfg entry.

Hope this info is helpful.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Hey!
    However!....
    Flattex is very easy to flatten areas when starting from an AF2-file. And that is now my problem... It is not because it is seldom done with Flattex that should not be a good and easy program...
    I started a few weeks ago with a new computer under Windows 7. I used to flatten areas in FS9 using Flattex. It seems dat Flattex is no longer working with Win 7. When installing it gives errors on COMCTL32.OCX, although this latter file is in the Windows7 both system32 and SysWOW64 folders, and the program always says that the file is not right installed.
    Who knows more about this problems, and if Flattex does no longer work with Win7, is there an alternative for flattening areas in FS9, but not ADE?
    Greetz
    Jive1

Hi Jive1. Do you have Sbuilder?
    If not download it for free and follow these instructions. It took me 3 months to work out but I've got it back on my Windows7 quad-core.
    1 Rename tabctl32.ocx in Windows\SysWOW64 to tabctl32.dll
    2 Open DOS prompt 'as administrator' (right click)
    3 type C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\REGSVR32 TABCTL32.DLL
    4 the computer should register it for you

1 Make a copy of Sbuilder.ini and store away safely
    2 In sbuilder.ini verify
    [Main]
    PolyTexPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SBUILDERFS9\Texture (your path to texture)
    MacroASDPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\SBuilderFS9\Tools\ASD (your path for asd)
    MacroAPIPath= (your path to api if applicable)
    Rwy12Path= [COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"](your path to rwy12 if applicable)[/COLOR]

BGL2Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\SBuilderFS9\scenery (your path)
    BGL1Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\SBuilderFS9\scenery (your path)
    3 Start up FS9
    4 Start up Sbuilder
    5 Register; click NEW, Click view aircraft
    6 (you should be able to carry on using the program as you wish(ed)
    Last edited by diapason; 01-08-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Found a way

Hey!
    I nevertheless continued to use Flattex being a very good and easy to use program....
    Until now ... I have now Windows 7 64-bit instead of a few weeks ago Windows 7 32-bit. And with 64-bit it looks like two files used with Flattex, i.e. msvbvm60.dll and comctl32.ocx, give problems. Apparently they need to be registered, and that is my problem now: registering does not work...
    Is there anybody with experience in that respect?
    Thanks for help.
    Greetz
    Jive1