Thread: LOST KBOS ILS

Default LOST KBOS ILS

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS ONE?
    I LIKE TO DO A QUICK IFR FLIGHT FROM BRADLEY INTL. TO LOGAN.
    ATC USUALLY GUIDES ME TO A RUNWAY 33L APPROACH. HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM BUT ALL OF SUDDEN IN TODAYS FLIGHT THE ILS APPROACH DOES
    NOT WORK.. AUTO PILOT WILL NOT LOCK ON TO THE APPOACH.. I'M FLYING A 737-400 AND I HAVE CHANGED THE PANEL... COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM??

Default RE: LOST KBOS ILS

Just out of curiosity, did you fly with a GPS route, if so, make sure to move your NAV/GPS toggle over to NAV before tring to get an ILS to work. Also (you probably know) you need the NAV 1 button on the radio stack pressed (& tuned, of course :) ).

Not sure if this is your problem, but being a new plane, you may have missed something obvious - I know I have :)

Hope this helps some

Best Regards,

Bob :-wave

[link:www.voyagerairlines.com/gle/index.html|http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...e72514cf2.jpg]

THANKS BOB,
    YES I DID FLY THE IFR ROUTE USING GPS BUT I ALWAYS SWITCH IT OFF WHEN MY DESTINATION AIRPORT APPROACH STARTS GUIDING ME IN.. THATS USUALLY AT TOD... NAV 1 WAS ALL SET ALSO AND TUNED INTO THE ILS IT WAS EVEN TRANSMITTING ITS CODE.. BUT ME HSI WAS NOT REGISTERING ANYTHING..ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT ILS LINED ME UP BUT
    GLIDE SLOPE WAS NOT WORKING.... SECOND TIME AROUND NOTHING WORKED
    YET THE ILS CODE(MORSE CODE) WAS BEING TRANSMITTED LIKE I HAD A LOCK.... HAD TO LAND VISUALLY AND MANUALLY (QUITE FRIGHTENING):)
    THE PLANE IS THE DEFAULT 737-400 BUT THE PANEL IS A 3RD PARTY...I WILL TRY RE-ENSTALLING THE DEFAULT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.... THANKS ANYWAY...

DJR

That would probably be the best course of action, just to rule out that panel you intalled. I do hope you solve your problem so please post back if you are still having trouble.
    And if I may kindly suggest, please turn your Caps Lock off. It is usually regarded as shouting when someone types in all caps. No real big deal to me, since I'm sure you didn't know that, but others do find it irritating and may not be as tolerant in the future :) Thanks

Best Regards,

[link:www.voyagerairlines.com/gle/index.html|http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...e72514cf2.jpg]

Well you were right about switching off the GPS. I reflew KBDL-KBOS and when Boston approach contacted me for my approach I began my descent ,dialed in the new heading and the 33L ILS freq. and switched from NAV to HEADING. Thinking because I did indeed change to new heading everything was set, but still no lock. Then I noticed in the HSI display that blue GPS line. Then it finally hit me. I switched from NAV to HEADING but never toggle from GPS TO NAV... Dumb,Dumb,Dumb. So simple. Another reason to use check list. Thanks again..
    Oh yes very sorry about the caps.

DAVE

No, not dumb, just make a mistake like all of us do. That's what this fourum is here for, to solve a problem ( sometimes the solution is so obvious, it takes another set of eyes to see it, and then it's plain as day and you wonder " how in the world did I miss that ? " ) - Been their many times myself. Anyways, glad to hear you got everything up and running and going smooth again :)

Best Regards,