Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 64-bit Question

Question Windows 7 64-bit Question

I was thinking about taking the Windows 7 64-bit jump in a few months to run FSX/Acceleration, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to run the original Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Combat Flight Simulator 2 and Combat Flight Simulator 3 on the Windows 7 64-bit version? If you have got them to run are there any issues? I am trying to keep from having to install XP with 7 on the same PC.

Thank you very much,
    Matt

I am running Windows 7 64-bit right now....IF I Can find my old Combat Flight Simulator disk in storage I can install and try that out for you...

Give me a few hours to find and instal the disks though

Their is currently an airshow flying over my house right now so I will try it and keep my eyes out for the Blue Angels this afternoon....

Matthew Kane - Beechcraft Starship 3D Model Designer
    To dream of flying, you are free. To become a pilot, you are a caged bird…

Couldn't find my CFS disks. See if someone else on here has tried WIN7 and CFS yet

Default Any Locals running Windows 7 64bit?

I appreciate your help, I really do. I am sure I am not the only one that has this question. If CFS, CFS2 and CFS3 will run on Windows 7. These are great games and I wish Microsoft would have supporting internet play on the zone.com

When I find a software title I really like, like FSX/Acceleration, CFS, CFS2, CFS3, Need for Speed, Crysis, Call to Duty, I go back to the store and buy an extra copy. Call me a idiot, but ZZ Top , Microsoft and Metallica, have made a bundle off of me, but they were worth it. I still got a set of the 21 Windows 95 diskettes in shrinkwrap, and 2 Windows XP Home Edition CDs in shrikwrap. Anyways, hope someone test the CFS series on Windows 7. Sorry to get off subject of FSX in this forum, but FSX is the test bed of great hardware and software.

Thanks Paxx and Tig and all the other good people on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7777 View Post
    I appreciate your help, I really do. I am sure I am not the only one that has this question. If CFS, CFS2 and CFS3 will run on Windows 7. These are great games and I wish Microsoft would have supporting internet play on the zone.com.
    If you do decide to go with Windows 7 you should consider a Dual Boot System

This way when you turn on your system you can decide to start either Windows 7 or Windows XP

This way you can use newer titles like Crysis, NFS or FSX in Windows 7. And you can still use older titles like CFS in Windows XP.

Quote Originally Posted by ytzpilot View Post
    If you do decide to go with Windows 7 you should consider a Dual Boot System

This way when you turn on your system you can decide to start either Windows 7 or Windows XP.
    Will that work with XP 32bit if you have over 3 ghz ram installed?
    i5 2500k / Asrock P67 Extreme4 gen3 / 8800GTS 512 / 8GB DDR3 1600 / CM hyper 212 / antec 550W / ASUS 23" VH232H / Windows 7 - 64
    FSX UTX GEX REX TEX MEX SEX

Quote Originally Posted by matt7777 View Post
    I was thinking about taking the Windows 7 64-bit jump in a few months to run FSX/Acceleration, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to run the original Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Combat Flight Simulator 2 and Combat Flight Simulator 3 on the Windows 7 64-bit version? If you have got them to run are there any issues? I am trying to keep from having to install XP with 7 on the same PC.

Thank you very much,
    Matt
    According to the Sim Outhouse CFS forum both CFS2 and CFS3 run fine under W7 64 bit.

Mike
    IBM i7 920 2.66 Ghz
    9 Gb Memory, Nvidia GTS 250 1Gb PCIe Video
    Realtek High Definition Audio, W7 Premium 64bit

Default OH Goody

I don't fly CFS2 now but I do have CFS3 qnd it's derivatives (Pacfic Theater) ETO, Korea, WW1, Med Air War

It will work just fine. The extra RAM just won't be used in XP.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kc10 View Post
    Will that work with XP 32bit if you have over 3 ghz ram installed?
    I have a dual-boot setup running 7 and XP on a quad-core w/ 4 Gb ram installed.

Under 7(rc), it shows up as 4.00 Gb RAM

Under XP, it shows up as 3.2 Gb Gb RAM (4 Gb minus 750 Mb video card and some other reserved memory addresses)

XP can only map a "total" of 4 Gb of memory. Video card memory and any memory reserved by software or other hardware will be subtracted from that 4 Gb total. The net effect is that XP will just ignore any extra RAM it cannot map addresses for. For example I could add another 4 Gb RAM to my system that would show up as 8 Gb total under 7 but be completely ignored under XP.

-dc4bs