Thread: dem4km.bgl

1. Default dem4km.bgl

Hey ,
    I recentley got the FS2004 disc and isntalled on sisters computer as not administrator on mine as this laptop is my own but is bought through my college meaning im a admin when i leave in 3 years witch i aint gonna wait 3 years for this but i installed it on my sisters computer (Vista ) and copied the program files on mine (xp) so i did that made a shortcut to the .exe file witch then i run and it said DEM4KM.BGL is missing or file coruppted
    well i used the disc and put the dem4km.bgl in the flight sim destenation withc is C:/Documents and setting/User/desktop/[Flight sim]/Uires/scenery/BASE/Scenery
    and i copied the dem4m.bgl file and its still saying missing or coruppted well Because om not administrator i cant re isntall it and i cant touch my sis computer now cos My dad only just cleaned the crap that was on it :L
    Please can someone tell me the problem

Thanks

Hi,

Your problem is that you need to be accessing the Vista laptop with full Administrator access. Without this, Vista will probably prevent you from installing everything that you need.

Once you have this I suggest you reinstall FS2004 and see if the problem persists.

Note that Vista treats the normal Program Files directory as "special" with enhanced security, which can make matters even more difficult than normal, so I further suggest that you install outside of this default location (e.g. to C:\FS2004 or similar.)

Cheers,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

3. Default

Hey ,
    Thanks for this but ....
    I did it and the vista laptop has full administrator privalleges and guess what dem4m.bgl is missing or corrupt is there anyway someone could send it to me or and an attachment or is it somehting else preventing the dem4km.bgl file from laoding

Thanks
    Kieran5018s

Quote Originally Posted by kieran5018s View Post
    Hey ,
    Thanks for this but ....
    I did it and the vista laptop has full administrator privalleges and guess what dem4m.bgl is missing or corrupt is there anyway someone could send it to me or and an attachment or is it somehting else preventing the dem4km.bgl file from laoding

Thanks
    Kieran5018s
    If the file is missing or corrupt you can restore it from your install disks.

It is located in MSGAME8.cab on Disk 3.

A cab file can be opened and files extracted with any good unzipping program.

The file belongs here: \Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery

Hope that info is helpful.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by kieran5018s View Post
    Hey ,
    I recentley got the FS2004 disc

Legal copies of FS9 come on four disks!