Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped Working

Default Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped Working

I recently attempted to start MSX and I now get the box that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Has this happened to anyone and is there a fix?
    I have been running this program on this computer for 6 months with no problems. Can not figure this one out.

What is the message in the box describing the problem?

Default Stopped Working

No it does not say what the issue is. However, I suspect that there is a conflict with Accelaration and the lateset NVIDA driver. I removed Accelaration and the program worked. I re-installed Accelaration and I get the stopped program. The NIVIDA driver is dated Jyuly 2009 for the GTX9800.

Default Program stops

I reinstalled FSX. It works. Then, I install Acceleration, and the program stops, and a box comes up and says: A Fatal Error has occured: Followed by: "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This has never happened before and I have been operating FSX with acceleration for over 6 months!

Dell i7 940 @ 2.93 GHz 8 GB RAM-Vista Service pack 1

Do you have Vista automatic updates on? If so maybe a hotfix or patch corrupted something. If for some reason you are not installing Vista service pack 2 I'm not sure how to fix your problem, otherwise try installing Vista service pack 2.

You might also want to follow this procedure when installing FSX.
    Uninstall FSX sp 2 from the control panel.
    Uninstall FSX from the control panel.
    Install FSX only.
    Load and Fly the default flight.
    Install Acceleration.
    Load and Fly the default flight.
    Install your add-ons one at a time checking to see if it works before moving on to the next add-on.

Good luck.

I have installed Vista SP2. FSX with SP1 works fine. When I load Acceleration, the program fails. Perhaps a microsoft update has caused a conflict. If so, I would think that other DSX users who have Vista will have this problem shortly.

I guess my FSX days are over. Its funny in a way, a microsoft update to its operating system kills a microsoft game.

Have you followed the FSX install directions above precisely?

England. Near the railway station.

You may be able to tell more from the entry in the Windows Application error log (Administrative Toos -> Event Viewer). It should at least tell you if the problem was caused by FSX, an addon or a driver.

Now with extra BLOGiness!

This is what the event log states:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-08-20T13:42:19.000Z

EventRecordID 20923

Channel Application

Computer Greg-PC

- EventData

Re-install your video driver using these instructions. Since you have uninstalled Acceleration multiple times by the sound of it I highly suggest you follow those instructions above, starting at the beginning.