Thread: Alphasim aircraft

Default Alphasim aircraft

I wondered if anybody can tell me of the general quality of Alphasim's aircraft and helicopters. I'll be buying their USS Enterprise soon, because I want a good aircraft carrier (and because it seems relatively cheap for what it gives me), however, while searching their shop, I saw a multitude of great helicopters and airplanes. Judging from the screenshots, they are not perfect, but they look fairly good. Anybody have an opinion on this that he can share? And what about the systems? For example, the C-5 Galaxy looks great, but does it have more working systems than the default aircraft? Typically, if I can conduct a full start-up procedure, I'm mote than satisfied. If this possible at all?

Smile

Hello

Will not comment on a particular aircraft or chopper .. but the Alphasim production is like a rollercoaster ... some are good .. some are bad .. IMHO

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

Hi,

I have two of the more recent releases, the T-6 Hudson/Texan and Lockheed Hudson, both of which are excellent.

The AlphaSim releases are built for a price, so don't expect all the details found in a super-accurate megaliner (most of which are considerably more expensive), but in terms of flying they are just fine.

If you must have every switch working in the cockpit they're probably not for you, but otherwise buy one and try for yourself. Ultimately only you can decide whether they're worth the price.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

They don't have to be PMDG level, but what I would like to see is at least *some* realism, higher than the default planes. In the end I might just get the C5 Galaxy, because I love the looks of that plane.

Smile

Hello,

At least and for have a idea .. you can try some of the Alphasim planes released (it's a bunch ex paywares) as freewares .....

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare