Thread: Save a flight in fsx

Default Save a flight in fsx

Hi,
    During a flight I save the flight with the ; Sometime it works and sometime the screen freeze and I heard only the sound. So I have to cancel my flight with ctrl+alt+delete and I lose my flight and I have to re-start my flight. In other words the save does not work with all the flights.

I run with the FSX and I have the acceleration kit and all the updates are done.

Thanks you very much.
    Boubou
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by boubou View Post
    Hi,
    During a flight I save the flight with the ; Sometime it works and sometime the screen freeze and I heard only the sound. So I have to cancel my flight with ctrl+alt+delete and I lose my flight and I have to re-start my flight. In other words the save does not work with all the flights.

I run with the FSX and I have the acceleration kit and all the updates are done.

Thanks you very much.
    This has been a problem for some time that seems to be tied to certain graphics cards. Do a search on this forum but I think it popped up after one of the updates. The fix for the majority of us was to use "windowed" mode rather than full screen.
    Also, make sure your graphics drivers are updated to the latest.
    After I switched to Nvidia from ATi, I began to experience this issue. Once I went to windowed mode, the problem vanished.

You could try going through the menu by pressing 'alt' while in full screen mode. I myself haven't experienced the issue, but I use an ATi card...

I haven't had the issue, iether - but my suggestion would be to "pause" the sim first, before saving it.

Just as an adder to the above comment.
    The issue of freezing upon saving the game when in full screen caused a lot of us to simply change to the windowed mode and that seemed to stop the freezing. As for me, I prefer the full screen mode and have never quite gotten used to the bar across the top of the screen.
    Recently I downloaded the (what I thought) was the latest driver for my Nvidia 8800GTS. It is the 182.08. I decided last night to give it a shot with full screen again and so far it seems to be holding up pretty well with no freeze action when I save. So here's hoping.
    And, just checked and downloaded THE latest driver, 182.5. So maybe it's back to the drawing board!

Thanks youy very much to everyone.
    Boubou
    Canada