Thread: Help with torque in props.

Default Help with torque in props.

Hi, Im not quiet new but this question seems basic, I can't solve it and coming to you for help.

From some weeks ago I'm feeling a strong LEFT - direction yaw in props when take off. I know about the par, torque, or wathever is said... but I think this is overexpressed, making difficult to takeoff the plane.
    FS2004
    Can't dissable via realism settings too...
    Only in props, all types of props, not in jets, so I think my joyistick is OK.

I think some overwiting in the fs9.cfg?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nessim; 04-25-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries

This is totally correct - if you go to 'Realism settings you can turn this down. It virtually disappears at the lowest settings. Just use a bit of right rudder to correct it.

As you correctly noticed, it only appears in props because of the turning of the which propeller creates this effect.

There's no need to edit the cfg.
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.

Indeed it does make takeoffs harder!

Haven't looked at the FS9 settings in a while, is there not the option "Autorudder" as in FSX?? Turning that off would fix it entirely. Couldn't remember if it's there or not though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meltsner View Post
    Indeed it does make takeoffs harder!

Haven't looked at the FS9 settings in a while, is there not the option "Autorudder" as in FSX?? Turning that off would fix it entirely. Couldn't remember if it's there or not though.
    You mean turn it on!!
    I fly through the valley of death, but I fear no evil,for I am at 80,000 feet and climbing. Let's powerdive and scare that poor soul in that Ultralight there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Jevans View Post
    You mean turn it on!!
    Indeed, indeed, my apologies, I wasn't thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessim View Post
    Hi, Im not quiet new but this question seems basic, I can't solve it and coming to you for help.

From some weeks ago I'm feeling a strong LEFT - direction yaw in props when take off. I know about the par, torque, or wathever is said... but I think this is overexpressed, making difficult to takeoff the plane.
    FS2004
    Can't dissable via realism settings too...
    Only in props, all types of props, not in jets, so I think my joyistick is OK.

I think some overwiting in the fs9.cfg?
    Thanks in advance.
    It's a very real effect!

With the last generation of WW2 piston engined fighters the take-off technique was to position the aircraft on the right-hand side of the runway, apply full right rudder, open the throttle, and hope to get airborne before running off the left-hand edge of the runway.

Yep, it can be stronger or less so depending on the aircraft (there are also some aircraft where the engine spins the other way, requiring left boot. When I was learning to fly and spending hours just practicing circuits, my right leg would ache something chronic after a session, from all that rudder.

You can turn down the Realsim settings in FS9 as Flying_Officer_Jevans said, but I am not sure about that.

Though you might have better results in the FS2004 forum.

Henry,