Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX ATC audio

Default FSX ATC audio

when i run FXS missions, i cannot hear the ATC instructions, i can read the captions tho.
    I have installed the SP 1 and SP 2 for FSX.
    Im running Vista x64
    I have checked all the audio settings...and nothing.
    Any ideas.?
    Thanks

Are there Sound Files in you sound folder for the mission?

There were...at least i could hear the ATC the first time i installed FSX.....After i uninstalled it and re-installed, no more sound.

Can you check in the Sound File?

5. Default

Do you have 5.1 sound? Is your speaker hardware setting configured correctly? Are you getting sound from all your speakers? ATC comes from the rear channel when using 5.1 so if you have 5.1 picked and only have stereo speakers then you won't have ATC. Or if your cats pulled the speaker wire out of the rear channel that would give you some problems too.
    John
    Windows7, Asus M4A79XTD, AMD 1090t@4.0Ghz(17x236), 8Gb CorsairXMS DDR3 1600, HIS HD6970, LG 55" passive 3D 1080p(main view) TV, 20" 1680x1050 (gauges) monitor, 16" 768x1366 (radio) monitor
    The best a man can do is strive to be the person he believes God means him to be.

Default Check also

if you use headphones as I do, have you configured for stereo headphones, rather than speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by jdoon5261 View Post
    ATC comes from the rear channel when using 5.1 so if you have 5.1 picked and only have stereo speakers then you won't have ATC.
    For my 5.1 setup, ATC comes through headphones only. Okay, so that didn't make much sense. I have rear speakers and front speakers set up (and no subwoofer, therefore not true 5.1 ), but to hear ATC I have to plug my headphones into the computer's front head. jack. I can't get ATC out of any of the other speakers -- which I'd rather have -- but headphones are a little more realistic! Must be different for some computers.

But it is true, if 5.1 is selected then you won't hear it.

Yes, i have sound on the missions.
    I have checked the speakers configuration, and everything it's ok
    I have sound (except ATC sound) on every different "view" (like "virtual cockpit") except on the "cockpit view.
    On that view i have NO sound at all....
    It's really frustrating, folks !!!!
    And thanks for all your suggestions

Hi,

Try to set all of the other sounds low and set ATC high.
    Also, are the settings for the speakers correct? Can you take a shot and show us? Though sometimes it is a bit tricky!

Smile

Yes, it was tricky..I finally got the right speakers configuration and i have the cockpit sounds as they should be..!
    Thanks to everyone for the help !!!!!