Thread: Error 1722 and -1603 During Flight Simulator X Installation... Help!

1. Default Error 1722 and -1603 During Flight Simulator X Installation... Help!

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to do a reinstall of Flight Simulator X right? Well, I get to the end of the install and it seems to finish fine until two consecutive errors appear on screen: I get errors 1722 and -1603, the latter asking me to contact MSDN (MS Dev. Network)... I've been checking the internet all over for solutions and have even tried a MS remedy for the 1722 error, but no luck. I've been looking for 5 months now for a solution, but nothing seems to work. Please help! Thanks!

Default error1722

For error 1722 go Microsoft.com and type error1722 into search engine and a specific fix for MS Flight Simulator will come up ,follow this this fix and it should get rid of error 1722 and probably 1603. Hope this helps.

Going to microsft and typing in the error is the best way. It should get it fixed.

Hi,
    I had this same problem some time ago and got in touch with microsoft directly, here is their response - it worked for me, good luck.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply and update on the issue. I appreciate your efforts and patience in trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve it. However, now while installing the game, you receive 1722 error message followed by 1603 error message. Please be assured that I will try my best to resolve the issue and work with you until it gets resolved.

John, the 1722 error message is a general installer error message that states that a system level failure has occurred. In most cases, you experience a setup failure in the Setup program that is associated with registering fonts. In this case, you will receive another error message that is followed by a 1603 installer error message. To resolve this, please follow these steps.

Install Windows Installer Clean up Utility
    -----------------------------------------------
    Click on the link given below and click on Run.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

1. Click on Run and then click on Run again.
    2. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows Installer Clean up utility.
    3. After the installation is complete then click on Start and then click on All Programs
    4. At the bottom of All Programs, locate and select Windows Install Clean Up.
    5. A window will appear with the list of multiple programs installed on your system.
    6. Click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X and then click on Remove.

NOTE: Make sure that only Microsoft Flight Simulator X is selected and nothing else. Else, all the programs, listed in the box will be uninstalled.

Download the Software Licensing System Reset Tool package now
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Click the Download the Software Licensing System Reset Tool package now link to start the download. Or, click the following link:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...MSKB928080.exe

2. When you receive the File Download dialog box, click Save. Save the file to the desktop.
    3. When the download is complete, double-click the MSKB928080 file on the desktop. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Run, and then click Yes to accept the license agreement.
    4. Click Unzip. When you receive the "2 Files unzipped successfully" message, click OK, and then click Close.
    5. Click Start, click on Run, type cmd and then press Enter.
    6. Type cd\ at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
    7. Type cd MicrosoftKB928080 at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
    8. Type resetsldl -all at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. Make sure that there is a space between "resetsldl" and "-all."
    9. After you receive the "Re-creating clean trusted store. Success" message, close the Command Prompt window.
    10. Restart the computer, and then try to install Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the game
    -------------------------------------
    1. Insert the Flight Simulator DVD Disc 1 in the DVD drive.
    2. On the first page of the Setup wizard, click Next.
    3. Click Install.
    . Install Installs Flight Simulator X.
    . More Options
    On the More Options screen, you can change install location, limit users, and start Flight Simulator X after installation.
    4. Install for all Users, run after install, view Readme, and then add a shortcut.

5. To change the Installation folder, click Browse, and then select a new location. . To display free space on all drives on the computer, click Disk Space.

6. The installation process will start. When you are prompted to insert different Flight Simulator X discs, insert the appropriate disc, and then click OK.

After the installation is complete, the game will build scenery file indexes and try activating the product.

John, please try the troubleshooting steps listed above and let me know the results. If anything in my e-mail is unclear or you require further help, don't hesitate to let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

I will look forward to your response.

Regards,

Santosh
    Microsoft Product Support Services

5. Unhappy HAVE DONE IT AND i STILL HAVE AN INSTALLATION PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by Johntheplumber View Post
    Hi,
    I had this same problem some time ago and got in touch with microsoft directly, here is their response - it worked for me, good luck.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply and update on the issue. I appreciate your efforts and patience in trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve it. However, now while installing the game, you receive 1722 error message followed by 1603 error message. Please be assured that I will try my best to resolve the issue and work with you until it gets resolved.

John, the 1722 error message is a general installer error message that states that a system level failure has occurred. In most cases, you experience a setup failure in the Setup program that is associated with registering fonts. In this case, you will receive another error message that is followed by a 1603 installer error message. To resolve this, please follow these steps.

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Windows Installer Clean up utility.
    3. After the installation is complete then click on Start and then click on All Programs
    5. A window will appear with the list of multiple programs installed on your system.

NOTE: Make sure that only Microsoft Flight Simulator X is selected and nothing else. Else, all the programs, listed in the box will be uninstalled.

1. Click the Download the Software Licensing System Reset Tool package now link to start the download. Or, click the following link:

2. When you receive the File Download dialog box, click Save. Save the file to the desktop.
    3. When the download is complete, double-click the MSKB928080 file on the desktop. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Run, and then click Yes to accept the license agreement.
    4. Click Unzip. When you receive the "2 Files unzipped successfully" message, click OK, and then click Close.
    8. Type resetsldl -all at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. Make sure that there is a space between "resetsldl" and "-all."
    9. After you receive the "Re-creating clean trusted store. Success" message, close the Command Prompt window.

Reinstall the game
    3. Click Install.
    . More Options
    On the More Options screen, you can change install location, limit users, and start Flight Simulator X after installation.
    4. Install for all Users, run after install, view Readme, and then add a shortcut.

5. To change the Installation folder, click Browse, and then select a new location. . To display free space on all drives on the computer, click Disk Space.

6. The installation process will start. When you are prompted to insert different Flight Simulator X discs, insert the appropriate disc, and then click OK.

After the installation is complete, the game will build scenery file indexes and try activating the product.

John, please try the troubleshooting steps listed above and let me know the results. If anything in my e-mail is unclear or you require further help, don't hesitate to let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Santosh
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just rebooted FSX after some problems re Just flight product which seemed to be causing a conflict .
    the error message is 1733 and 1603. At the moment I lost the internet on the second computer . Which is where the problem is . I have 2 / computers joined by a switch system . One deals with Europe uk and USA the other this one deals with the rest of the world. they have 2 different email addresses . The problem is with the Europe / uk one which has email address iankemp02@gmail.com. This computer is iankemp50@blueyonder.co.uk

1722-use licencing reset tool.
    1603-do a clean boot -get logged in as administrator -run the installer -by right clicking and choosing 'run as administrator'.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Johntheplumber View Post
    Hi,

Hi John,

Reinstall the game
    3. Click Install.
    . More Options

Regards,

Santosh
    I would just like to take the time to say thanks to Johntheplumber for this Help Thread........iam now back up in the sky,

All together now..........lets fly away........ lets fly lets fly away,

Cheers Donald, aka FireSporting