Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSNAV for FSX

1. Default FSNAV for FSX

Just came across this program, Courseplanner, and for those of you that have been wanting FSNAV for FSX, this fits the bill nicely. It is shareware and you can try it out for a limited time.

I have played with it for a while, but after only five minutes, I knew this was the real McCoy. Exactly what i was looking for to replace FSNAV for FSX. I think many of you will like it as well, that is why I am sharing my finding with you. It costs 35.00 if you want to buy, here is the link, http://www.myoddweb.com/courseplanner/download/.

The author seems to be readily available thru his forum. This one I did not have any problems installing. Oh, yes, it is a stand alone program which means it is not dependenent on FS, it does not use FSUIPC and it can be networked to another PC without having FS, or Wide FS installed on it. MAMA MIA, THAT'S WHAT I CALL A SPICY MEATBALL!

Can you tell I'm excited?

George

A nice little program for some, maybe but FSNAV for FSX? You gotta be kidding. It does not even come close. Can you tell I'm NOT excited?

Don't like the look and feel of it. Can't print out FP. Background blurs when you zoom it. Graphics are terrible. Other than that, you can create a flightplan. Also, I don't believe it will run on a second monitor in full screen mode.

IMHO, a total waste of $35 if you buy it.

3. Default

Maybe not your ticket but it suits me fine. What else is out there that is simular to FSNAV?

I'm still excited.

George

FSNAV was unique, a one of a kind. There are many products that do *some* of what FSNAV did but none that do it all. Flight Sim Commander, Flightplanner, FSBuild, Courseplanner all have something that matches FSNAV but nothing compares yet.
    I'm still playing with CP and it's OK, but as I said, FSNAV it's not. Still not worth $35.

HOWEVER - in fairness - it has a lot of good points and with some additional features could well be the next FSNAV. It needs some cleanup work, ability to print flightplans. Multiplayer TCAS is a must. Haven't tried to see if it will import/export plans at all yet.

Maybe down the road but IMHO not ready for prime time.

Default Fsnav ?

It is still incredible that nobody has been able to redo a FSNAV for FSX... I am sure the Author would have granted copyrights and considering that the whole FSX community was expecting this piece of software, it would have generated huge cash !
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3 - i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz - 8GB Ripskill DDR3 - Win7 on Intel SSD 160GB X25-M, FSX on Kingston HyperX 240GB - Prepar3d on 320Gb Velociraptor WD HDD - GTX 580 1.5Gb - Corsair H80 cooler - Zalman 850W PSU - HAF X case

6. Default

The thing is that this is a work in progress and the author seems to be open for suggestions on his forum. It does have multi player TCAS and you can import and export flight plans and you can save them in various modes. I have tried the other programs but so far this one, to me, seems closer to FSNAV. I do like the fact that you can run it on a networked computer without having FSX installed on that computer.

George

Courseplanner has been around for at least five years and has never really taken off (excuse the pun).

That may be due to lack of reviews and what appeared to be a period of abandonment when their website wasn't updated for ages.

I hope this new version is successful because it is much improved.

Like cassis and vgbaron, I am surprised no one has come up with a FSNAV replacement for FSX - instead I see flight planners being developed that are getting incredibly complicated. I'm sure that is not what the general simmer wants or needs.

Who ever does do a good FSNAV replacement for FSX will probably clean up. Unless thay make freeware :-)

Tony
    www.msfsgateway.com

Guys and Gals -

Are we forgetting Flight Sim Commander by Aerosoft? That one is terrific, IMHO and I've used FS Nav before - it's a very close comparrison.

Check out http://www.aerosoft.com.

You can do almost anything FS Nav could with Flight Sim Commander.

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by GNacino View Post
    The thing is that this is a work in progress and the author seems to be open for suggestions on his forum. It does have multi player TCAS and you can import and export flight plans and you can save them in various modes. I have tried the other programs but so far this one, to me, seems closer to FSNAV. I do like the fact that you can run it on a networked computer without having FSX installed on that computer.

George
    How do you enable mp TCAS?

Nevermind - I've been playing around more and more and this program grows on you. I'm dishing out my words on a plate in preparation of a meal.

I've also been reading the author's forum and I like the weay he responds to suggestions. Perhaps there is hope after FSNAV after all!

Let's say, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Vic
    Last edited by vgbaron; 03-22-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cassis View Post
    It is still incredible that nobody has been able to redo a FSNAV for FSX... I am sure the Author would have granted copyrights and considering that the whole FSX community was expecting this piece of software, it would have generated huge cash !
    Your certainty is unfortunately incorrect. Helge suffered from a horrific motorcycle accident from which he's apparently never fully recovered. He wasn't heard from for nearly three years until he (or perhaps a surrogate) directed that sales of FS Nav cease immediately.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...