Thread: PANEL dc-10 FOR FSX anywhere ????

Blog Entries

Default PANEL dc-10 FOR FSX anywhere ????

Hi,
    dont tell me about CLS. Theres no 2D panel in CLS. A bad drawing with loose instruments incorrectly placed...maybe, but just that. I thinks the Aircraft and sounds seem to be excellent but the panel....well, even if it was freeware, I would install the DC-10, delete the subdirectory Panel and seek one good in the libraries...but there aint.

The good panels are all for fs9 but the gauges are not fsx compatible.
    See ?? this is another example for which I thinks FSX failed

Too bad Im too busy cause the right thing to do would be do grab a good photo from airliners.net and make myself the best DC10 panel for fsx...and the ONLY one.
    Funny, innit??
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Hi,
    dont tell me about CLS. Theres no 2D panel in CLS. A bad drawing with loose instruments incorrectly placed...maybe, but just that. I thinks the Aircraft and sounds seem to be excellent but the panel....well, even if it was freeware, I would install the DC-10, delete the subdirectory Panel and seek one good in the libraries...but there aint.

Too bad Im too busy cause the right thing to do would be do grab a good photo from airliners.net and make myself the best DC10 panel for fsx...and the ONLY one.
    Funny, innit??
    K
    I actually made a 727 panel, and I am currently using that for the DC-10. Unfortunately, the 727 panel is not available for download as I have not completed it yet. Don't ask when I'll be done, either.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.

uriahms Guest

Wink

I feel your pain and share your sentiment. You know what most in this forum will tell you...PAYWARE! I'm sure there's a lovely payware DC-10 panel you can buy somewhere. But you'll also have to buy a 727, 747, 757/767 etc and be broke by then.

I too wish I could design good panels and put them up for free so everyone can enjoy.

Default FSX Panel

Why not use the FSX default panel for the A-381? Saves you grief (and money). Use it until you find one for that type (if you're a 'purist'-which costs more money to be one-ha).
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    Why not use the FSX default panel for the A-381?
    The what?
    Captain Kevin

Default Mistake Mo

The Airbus A-321 is what I should of keyed in. My bad. But, you might just as well go buy one, and enjoy that. (The default stuff is all yukky, and microsofted, and stuff). And it's not 'real'. Or fit for any purist (not that you are one). Forget I said anything. I take it all back-sakf;askljfajdfa.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Last edited by napamule2; 02-13-2009 at 07:13 AM.

The Airbus A-321 is what I should of keyed in. My bad. But, you might just as well go buy one, and enjoy that. (The default stuff is all yukky, and microsofted, and stuff). And it's not 'real'. Or fit for any purist (not that you are one). Forget I said anything. I take it all back-sakf;askljfajdfa.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    A twin-engine A321 panel is pretty much useless for a three-engine DC-10.
    Captain Kevin

Default Your Choice

Like I said. If you're a purist then you go buy a 3 engine panel. Or make one yourself. Me, I don't need the 3 set of gauges to fly the plane. Just a panel with SOME gauges. So, to you it's useless. To me it's 'close enough for horseshoes'. At least I got a panel that still functions so I can fly. In fact I could put a helicoper panel and get by. So, it's your choice.
    Chuck B
    Napamule

Like I said. If you're a purist then you go buy a 3 engine panel. Or make one yourself. Me, I don't need the 3 set of gauges to fly the plane. Just a panel with SOME gauges. So, to you it's useless. To me it's 'close enough for horseshoes'. At least I got a panel that still functions so I can fly. In fact I could put a helicoper panel and get by. So, it's your choice.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Well, in this case, you're better off using the four-engine default 747 panel that has useless engine 4 instruments than you are by using a twin-engine default A321 panel that doesn't have any way to control engine 3 whatsoever. When you think about it, unless you use engine autostart, you won't be able to start the third engine with a two-engine panel. Could you use a helicopter panel? You certainly could, but I don't know how you'd have control over any engine.

By the way, as I stated before, I did create a three-engine panel for the 727.
    Captain Kevin

Default 3-engine panel...

Hi,

Funny, innit??
    K
    Been away - hence the delay..............

My gripe with FSX is the lack of panels (freeware) that are in abundance for FS9. Most of the excellent aircraft downloads are aliased to the default B737-800 some even for three and four engine variations!
    Unfortunately, I do not have the skills to make my own but........

For a three-engine panel there is a good one available on the Premier Aircraft Design MD-11 (2D and 3D).
    This file was featured on the enclosed Cd with PC Pilot #57 Nov-Dec 2008.

Also try "fx2b7272.zip" from this site - a cracking 727 with panel that can also be aliased quite easily. Not photo-real but better than a twin engine bodge job
    Old enough to know better...
    ...young enough to do most of it again
    Intel Q6600; 4Gb RAM; 9800GT-512Mb; XP-Home-SP3. FSX; REX; GEX; UTX; FSC; RC4; UT2