Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When I enter the wrong flight date I get profound feelings

1. Default When I enter the wrong flight date I get profound feelings

I might make serious mistake entering the year 2002. Imagine flying a Sopwith Camel in the year 5002 or a Jumbo Jet in the year 202. I get profound feelings of technology and history when I do this, does anyone else?

Chris

crash_n_burn Guest

Default RE: When I enter the wrong flight date I get profound feelings

er..... ok thenn..< slams door runs screeming>

Milkman Guest

Whenever my wife gets on me about my "hobby" I just need to show her posts like this one. Makes me look sort of normal

GrayPT Guest

Stick to Star Trek

Ace_Chaplan Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-02 AT 06:23PM (EDT)[/font][p]I had a bad experience flying a 747 'round abouts 5,000,000BC. A taradactyl got sucked into the number 3 engine and we had make an emergency landing.
    Luckily there was a large dried lava bed nearby that was completely flat (whew). But as luck would have the gear go knocked off as we flew over a brontosaurus herd.
    The survivors had to eat dino meat and live in caves. Yes, I am the cause of humanity.
    Sorry 'bout that.

:-lol

Ankit

7. Default RE: When I enter the wrong flight date I get profound feelings

Listen Sceptics!

If you fly a Jumbo jet in the year 202 this can be said to the average person then about it:

"It's possible for a lot of complicated reasoning applied to the physical world to create flying objects that are made out of metal and carry hundreds of people"

People then were almost as mentally capable as people now, and they could comprehend the concept stated.

Chris

Silverblade Guest

But they were also more superstitious and probably would have attributed an airplane to a witch, demon or as an apparition and a sign that they were going mad!

There's no accounting for the illogical state of the public mental health. Just as there are some people who believe the earth is hollow and the source for UFOs! :-)

Silverblade

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...cd439d9f5d.jpg

Flight/Period anachronisms can make for some pretty darned funny stories... case and point:

I'm pretty sure the story comes out of Plimoth Plantation in Massachusetts and goes something like this...

The plantation is staffed with costumed historical interpreters who, despite their being surrounded by modern technology, attempt to stay in 17th century character. Every day, each interpreter has to deal with asinine questions from tourists concerning such modern ammenities as TV's, phones, power tools, etc... occasionally, an interpreter cracks and gives an asinine response. My favourite is one involving planes.

As luck would have it, while in the middle of his talk about his daily duties, an interpreter was drowned out by the noise of an overflying jet. As it passed, one of the tourists asked if the interpreter knew what that large noisy object in the sky was. His reply... "Well sir, what kind of animal it is, we are not sure. We do, however, know it is an evil man-eater. While hunting one day, four of our party managed to shoot one down... and, to our astonishment, its belly was full of people."

Sidenote: Bear in mind that this occured pre-911, and was, therefore, considered humourous.

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/Use...9b239b2ca5.jpg

Funny story Tom! Kudos to the interpreter for thinking on his feet. BTW am curious about this Krofft Air, who is the funny red moptop?
    Joe Apostolidis
    Supporter of FS, quality add-ons, and real aviation
    I Fly all planes eVerywhere, Very Fun Recreation