Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best traffic addon?

Default Best traffic addon?

I just built my new system, booted up FSX, and I am running it in DX10 and am pulling the locked framerate that I want, 30 FPS. I was just wanting to get a lot of traffic and vehicles on screen, but in FSX, the default settings eat your system alive. I know there is X-Traffic and a few others out there. First question is, how do these addons work. Do you just install X-Traffic, turn off all FSX traffic in the settings, and just use X-Traffic, or what? Also, which gives users the most bang for the buck. Meaning, the most traffic on screen for FPS. I would like to get some more traffic on and still maintain that 30 FPS. Here's my system specs: AMD 6400 X2 AM2 @ 3.2GHZ, 9800 GTX 512 MB EVGA Superclocked Edition, and 8 GB of RAM, Windows Vista 64 Bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Please visit paralleldesignsonline.com for some of my digital art....

If you're after freeware, WoAI takes some beating...

www.world-of-ai.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KALG0107-2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	28011  
    Last edited by truckerdaz3872; 02-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Darren

How is the framerate hit with WoAI? Is it worth it, or will it really kill the framerate and CPU resources? I hear Mytraffic X is great, and gives little to no framerate hit. Also, how do these addons work? Do you just turn off all in game settings for FSX traffic, install the addon, and it adds its own traffic? Or does it use the FSX settings?

Default Ai addons

I run My Traffic X AND WOAI packages, may need to dial down the airlines alittle around major hubs, but my system (Quad Core Vista Home Prem.) runs thenm well. I have no framerate issues with WOAI. I have found the Commerciasl addons don't always give a lot of traffci in some countires. My answer is to add as many WOAI pacakages as I can. Africa and China, for two would be fairly sparse without WOAI.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by atreyubeat View Post
    How is the framerate hit with WoAI? Is it worth it, or will it really kill the framerate and CPU resources? I hear Mytraffic X is great, and gives little to no framerate hit. Also, how do these addons work? Do you just turn off all in game settings for FSX traffic, install the addon, and it adds its own traffic? Or does it use the FSX settings?
    woai is the best out, and free, takes only a frame or 2 away, and i use it and is really great. to install , woai, use the installer, and open fsx and run, when starting you will get the senery message, but just normal, and set the amount of traffic you want in the settings.

What about FS Live TrafficX? http://www.airnavsystems.com/FS/

Anybody using this? Looks really cool.

PANC - Anchorage, Alaska

I use FS Live and LOVE it! The only thing lacking though is the GA aircraft traffic at local airports, but you'd be able to use MyTraffic X along with it to make it compatible with Live Traffic - and there you have the local GA. Worth every penny - what's happening in the sim is happening in the air.....

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

Awesome! I will check out WoAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    I use FS Live and LOVE it! The only thing lacking though is the GA aircraft traffic at local airports, but you'd be able to use MyTraffic X along with it to make it compatible with Live Traffic - and there you have the local GA. Worth every penny - what's happening in the sim is happening in the air.....
    thanks, will try it out, sounds very interesting. Though i thinking does it take your frames.

10. Default Both FSX and WOAI Traffic?

Hello,

I just want to get advice before making the attempt to install WOAI traffic into my FSX system.

Once I install the various WOAI packages do I turn off the default FSX traffic or can I just leave them both on. maybe I am totally wrong, perhaps WOAI overwrites the default FSX traffic?

Can someone familliar with this please advise.

Also can you set / control what type of traffic (airlines) shows up or flys in or out of each airport so I can make like real life?

Thanks,