Thread: Hama Site

Default Hama Site

Can someone tell me if the Hama site.... http://f1.aaa.livedoor.jp/~rjnnhama/craft.htm#1.CAR has been shut down as for downloads. I'm in need of his army vehicles. Does anyone have them that they are willing to share since they are all freeware?

Harold
    Last edited by Ocala; 01-24-2009 at 02:07 PM.

2. Default

The page opens but the downloads take you to a "page not found" page. That's too bad because these vehicles are great. I've seen some of these in other dl websites though, so maybe you can find what you need elsewhere. (I just typed "hamaguchi" on the FlightSim search and it yielded almost 100 results, some of which are repaints, while some are the originals.)
    Last edited by arcueil; 01-24-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Nope, no army vehicles found. Looks like he has given up on FS9 and gone to FSX from what i see in Google.com. I found the neatest army tank RCBCHA29.zip on AVSIM. Avsim has been down most of the day but now at least the file library is working. This tank is a joy to behold. lol

Harold
    Last edited by Ocala; 01-24-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Thumbs up

Hi Harold,
    Good news!
    I found by clicking on one of the other non military vehicles on the Hama site, a Yahoo page came up with some of the files. The Unimog and the Austin K2 were on the list.
    Perhaps others, or maybe you can browse thru this Yahoo site to find another list?

This fellow made some great files, I like the Vespacar, and the BMW with the ladies as passengers

Here is the link:

http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/m28h...src=bc&.view=l

or
    http://briefcase.yahoo.co.jp/bc/m28h...c=bc%26.view=l

Good luck!
    Gary
    Last edited by moth01; 01-25-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Thank you Gary, I'm downloading everything he has listed. I found everything i was looking for thanks to you.
    Harold
    Last edited by Ocala; 01-25-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocala View Post
    Thank you Gary, I'm downloading everything he has listed. I found everything i was looking for thanks to you.
    Harold

You're welcome Harold. I was going to suggest that you download everything on the list, as you don't know if/when when they will disappear.

I had a little fun with the two trucks last night.
    I am not good at making a sound package, but I may try and see if I can get something that sounds like a truck motor, rather than a Cessne The Honda Jet also needs a substitute sound file.

Take care my friend,
    Gary.

Default Vehicle Sound

Moth,
    I made a quick list of what I use for vehicles sounds. One sound file will sound different in different models, by the way. For example I use the F104 sound by Eric Cantu, orig for FS2k2, for fighter jets, but it works good for the Lunar Rowver (so experimenting is in order). Here is list.
    1). Porsche 911=F4U
    2). Nissan R34=Curtiss Jenny (default)
    3). Corvette=Ford Tri-Motor (default)
    4). Vintage cars=Bill Lyon's 49 Cadillac or Hama's Pajero sound (quiet mufflers).
    5). Military vehicles=Vega (default)

So, you should mix and match to suit. Hama's Stalwart and Motorhouse sounds are ok. There is also a very rubust 'Hispano' (12 Cyl vintage mil) sound but can't remember name of file. The C172 (NOT the C182) sound has deeper rumble and is 'ok' for vehicles. You might like the 737 sound for the Honda Jet (hey, it works for me, so you might try it and see if you like). If it's for you own use, and not uploaded, you can use the fab sounds (by Adam Murphy) that comes with the Fire1 Carmichael fire truck by Al Lee (new file). It has 'shifting' sounds (12 speed, like a semi) and works well for Firetrucks. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Edit: Oh, use that F104 sound (Cantu's) with a Dash7 and it will blow your mind (headphones?). It's turbo, but jet sound still blasts it up good.
    Last edited by napamule2; 01-25-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: add

Thanks Chuck!
    I'll copy that list and surely use it. I didn't think about usung an existing auto sound file like Bill or Eric's.

As for the Honda Jet, I posted to another member in a different thread, that I found some sounds from various videos of the Honda and its uncommon engine. I suggested that someone could possibly make a sound file using snippets of sounds from the video.

The engine does have a distinctive shrill sound, but is quiet. I doubt that I will try and make a sound for the Honda, but may just replace some wav files into an existing file for my own use. I don't have the time anytime soon, but might get a wild hair and try it sometime.

Take care , and thanks!
    Gary

I was going to use the trucks to patrol the parameters on one of my Vietnam AFCADS (that I uploaded to Flightsim.com yesterday) by using the same method we all use to set boats on a course over the water. For the life of me I couldnt get it to work. I have a boat AFCAD (created with WinXP) that i use around the island just off the end of KMIA Miami, FL. and when i put one of those trucks on it the truck ran perfectly over the water all the way around the island. Yet when i try to duplicate the boat type AFCAD somewhere else it doesnt work. I dont understand what i am doing wrong but hopefully i'll figure it out. The Army tank worked there as well. I am using FS9 on Vista. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also....im trying to figure out how to slow down the vehicles when using as AI. The tank and trucks seem to like 20 knots and i prefer 8 to 10 knots. Editing the aircraft.cfg has no effect. If anyone has any ideas I would surely appreciate it.

Many thanks for the interest and happy simmin,

Harold
    Last edited by Ocala; 01-26-2009 at 11:10 AM.