Thread: Best of FSX freeware

1. Default Best of FSX freeware

I know that some people sometimes say "there is not freeware on FSX", this is not to ment to be a rant on payware, just a guide to some of the best of the freeware out there for FSX. There is a lot of it out there, but a lot of it is spread out all over the place, so hard to find. While I am not going to have links here, I will list out some great freeware that I have found for FSX so far, and others are more then welcome to add to this. Much of the planes are as good or better then the standard planes that come with FSX.

Anyways, here are some to check out. Starting out with two GA planes.

Hauke Keitel's PA28R 201

This is a high quality PA28R, (though I think in the US this tail design was sold as the 200, not the 201, but I can be wrong) it has a very clean VC with good guages, detailed setup (including the small things, like sun shades) and also there are many repaints. This can be dropped in and makes a nice GA addition between the Cessna and the moony that comes with FSX.

There may be a issue with the windows with the latest verson of FSX at night, which can be fixed with pa28rfix.zip

North American Navion Rangemaster by Richard Schwertfeger & Bill Leaming

This is a more vintange plane, but it is a hoot to fly, and comes with its own self installer, this is a well built freeware plane, and includes a modern guage and GPS glass unit, it is nimble and fast, and one of the few planes I almost never put on autopilot, as it is a lot of fun to fly to your destination in this nimble little plane.

I will ad others later, but I also hope that others will add to this thread, so that people looking for FSX freeware can quickly find good freeware to build out there installs, in this world, free is awfully nice! I am also testing a number of other freeware that I have been impressed with, but I need to use them more before I can give a full review.
    Last edited by Distorted Humor; 01-23-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Humor View Post
    I know that some people sometimes say "there is not freeware on FSX", this is not to ment to be a rant on payware, just a guide to some of the best of the freeware out there for FSX. There is a lot of it out there, but a lot of it is spread out all over the place, so hard to find. While I am not going to have links here, I will list out some great freeware that I have found for FSX so far, and others are more then welcome to add to this. Much of the planes are as good or better then the standard planes that come with FSX.

Anyways, here are some to check out. Starting out with two GA planes.

Hauke Keitel's PA28R 201

This is a high quality PA28R, (though I think in the US this tail design was sold as the 200, not the 201, but I can be wrong) it has a very clean VC with good guages, detailed setup (including the small things, like sun shades) and also there are many repaints. This can be dropped in and makes a nice GA addition between the Cessna and the moony that comes with FSX.

There may be a issue with the windows with the latest verson of FSX at night, which can be fixed with pa28rfix.zip

North American Navion Rangemaster by Richard Schwertfeger & Bill Leaming

This is a more vintange plane, but it is a hoot to fly, and comes with its own self installer, this is a well built freeware plane, and includes a modern guage and GPS glass unit, it is nimble and fast, and one of the few planes I almost never put on autopilot, as it is a lot of fun to fly to your destination in this nimble little plane.

I will ad others later, but I also hope that others will add to this thread, so that people looking for FSX freeware can quickly find good freeware to build out there installs, in this world, free is awfully nice! I am also testing a number of other freeware that I have been impressed with, but I need to use them more before I can give a full review.
    i like the rino, not sure where it is from, and the charger by the sam person i think. the panther is ok, but could use some good sound files.