Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to land in Singapore Runway 02C by B747-400?

Unhappy How to land in Singapore Runway 02C by B747-400?

Hi,
    I have tried lot of times on landing in the mission,either manual or autopilot,but plane always crashed.
    Can someone teach me how to land 747?
    And please give me some tips on how to complete this mission. (Monsoon Approach)
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by hyjl View Post
    Hi,
    I have tried lot of times on landing in the mission,either manual or autopilot,but plane always crashed.
    And please give me some tips on how to complete this mission. (Monsoon Approach)
    Thanks a lot
    well, it is a crosswind so face a bit to the wind to the left. keep speed around 200 knots. Works god for me. Also make sure the flare is quite big and power is not at idle when slowly touched down, reverse thrust and so on, for flying the mission, put it on autho pilot until approach, during approach, open the gps and check you r couse. also check the map for correct runways. first thime i was cofused which runway it was. though i got it for the first time. hope this helps!

Surely the HSI would be better for checking your course, assuming the heading has ILS?

Aviation is not inherently dangerous but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessnes, incapacity or neglect.

Its nearly impossible unless you tune you're Nav radio to the ILS frequency.

Once you are inside the ILS feather (it should be displayed on GPS) press the APP button. usually with default planes disengaging at around 500 feet is good but in this approach since visibilty is almost zero keep it engaged till you can see the runway. Just disengage it, adjust for speed / wind and land. It took me 2 or 3 times to get it, but once you do its not that bad at all.

Cool

i tried and finally I'm able to land by using autopilot....
    but mission failed too...
    the given time to land very short,the ATC always said you miss the approach and ascend to 3,000 feets and so on...
    but i land,and it said emergency service will come soon...then mission failed...
    i hate this mission...
    747 very difficult to land...always crash on the head....
    i found the correcy runway map online and 'so lucky' since the beginning i tried to land the runway was correct...but never land successful manually...
    very difficult mission...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MK182 View Post
    Its nearly impossible unless you tune you're Nav radio to the ILS frequency.

Once you are inside the ILS feather (it should be displayed on GPS) press the APP button. usually with default planes disengaging at around 500 feet is good but in this approach since visibilty is almost zero keep it engaged till you can see the runway. Just disengage it, adjust for speed / wind and land. It took me 2 or 3 times to get it, but once you do its not that bad at all.
    what is APP button??

Hi,
    Thanks a lot
    and also ils, it is also already tuned but didnt really used it much. only ontil the lights are viible to the right runwya

what is APP button??
    APPROACH

Basically you fly a heading in order to capture the ILS. When you are given this vector by ATC you enable the APPROACH mode of the autopilot. Then the aircraft will fly the vector until it captures the ILS.
    QX9650@3.8Ghz, ASUS P5E3 Premium Vista X64,EVGA GTX280, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3@1280Mhz, (1) 300GB WD Velociraptor, (4) 150GB WD Raptor X's, Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty, Hanns-G 28" LCD 1920x1200

Quote Originally Posted by sargeski View Post
    APPROACH

Basically you fly a heading in order to capture the ILS. When you are given this vector by ATC you enable the APPROACH mode of the autopilot. Then the aircraft will fly the vector until it captures the ILS.
    Oh...understand now.
    so can it auto landing if i set the attidute correctly?
    why i always mis the approach and ATC request me to ascend to 300 feets and need to fly away to take another landing attempt?

10. Default

Oh...understand now.
    so can it auto landing if i set the attidute correctly?
    why i always mis the approach and ATC request me to ascend to 300 feets and need to fly away to take another landing attempt?
    I have no idea why you always miss the approach........

ATC will give you vectors and an altitude assignment to hold until you capture the ILS. You set your HDG to the vector giving by ATC you set ALT to the altitude given by ATC then you enable APP (approach mode). Your aircraft, if configured properly, will fly your input heading and altitude until it captures the ILS at which time the aircraft will then follow the ILS.

And as stated previously by others in this post you need to have your NAV radio tuned the correct ILS frequency for the runway you are attempting to land on.
    QX9650@3.8Ghz, ASUS P5E3 Premium Vista X64,EVGA GTX280, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3@1280Mhz, (1) 300GB WD Velociraptor, (4) 150GB WD Raptor X's, Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty, Hanns-G 28" LCD 1920x1200