Thread: Abacus EZ-Scenery in FSX

Default Abacus EZ-Scenery in FSX

Many FSX scenery add-ons use the Abacus EZ-Scenery libraries. Is it possible to make EZ-Scenery compatible with FSX? Abacus Customer Support says it's only compatible with FS2004, so I might have purchased a registration key for nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenandersen View Post
    Many FSX scenery add-ons use the Abacus EZ-Scenery libraries. Is it possible to make EZ-Scenery compatible with FSX? Abacus Customer Support says it's only compatible with FS2004, so I might have purchased a registration key for nothing....
    Too late now, but the Instant Scenery program from Flight1 (same author as EZ) works in both FS2004 and FSX. The price is about the same.

It is a much improved version of the same basic program.

As far as I know objects from the many available libraries will work in FSX - it is only the EZ placement program which will not interface with FSX - unless Abacus is now offering an updated version which is compatible.
    David "Opa" Marshall

David, thanks for your reply. Abacus says they don't have a FSX version of EZ-Scenery, and as far as the support person who replied to me knows they have no plans of making one. It seems that I'll need to have Abacus refund my money and then turn around and buy the Flight1 version.

Or... when contacting Abacus again, ask them for "FS-X Scenery Shortcut" which is a free utility they put out, works in conjunction with the Mission Editor.

Caveat: I don't know if you NEED FS-X Deluxe to get the Mission Editor/SDK installed....
    Last edited by FelixFFDS; 01-04-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Felix/FFDS