Thread: Fsuipc?

Default Fsuipc?

I have noticed several references to FSUIPC in my research but still have no idea what it is or how to get it.

My interest was piqued when I noticed that many products require FSUIPC in order to run properly. I also noticed that FSUIPC comes registered and unregistered. What is the difference?

In particular, I was just reading a review in Computer Pilot Magazine from Feb. 2007 of Aerosoft's Flight Calculator Version 2. The review said that the program requires FSUIPC, registered of unregistered, to run, in MSFS. The calculator works in FSX or FS9 so I'm assuming FSUIPC is something suitable to both versions of FS.

So, once again: What is FSUIPC? What does it do? And, how do I get and install it?

Plus24

Simply stated, FSUIPC is an interface which allows third party programs to interact with FS to get coordinates and other data needed by the third party program.

It is an invaluable tool !!

You can get the unregistered version here:

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Be SURE to get the correct version for the sim you are running (FS2004 or FSX).

The registered version opens up a wealth of other options which are described in the documenttion.

Most of us consider FSUIPC a "must have" utility.

Hope this helps.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default And the Registered Version?...

Thanks, David. I'll definitely get the unregistered version at the link you provided.

Now, where and how do I get the registered version? Approx. cost in US$'s?

Oh, never mind! I just checked the link you provided and they provide another link to purchase a registered version.

Thanks for everything, David.

Plus24
    Last edited by Plus24; 12-29-2008 at 02:10 PM.

4. Default

Your response seems straight forward as far as it goes, but it is leaving me in the dark as to exactly WHAT it is doing. What purpose is there for third party programs to know your coordinates? Is this some sort of nav-aid for use within the simulator, or what?

4 year old thread here!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Take everything I say with a grain of salt and maybe some pepper! There's no such thing as too much garlic!

Blog Entries

Not another!

TCX559K/Joel
    Aircraft Repainter- NOT taking any requests currently!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontech64 View Post
    Your response seems straight forward as far as it goes, but it is leaving me in the dark as to exactly WHAT it is doing. What purpose is there for third party programs to know your coordinates? Is this some sort of nav-aid for use within the simulator, or what?
    Yeah, old thread, probably best to start a new one of your own, but to answer your question something like Airport Design Editor (ADE) can interface with the sim to show your aircraft's position as a crosshair on the editor screen; Plan G is a freeware flight planning utility and it can use FSUIPC to show your aircraft's position on a map; most external weather utilities will use FSUIPC to send weather data to the sim, etc. Basically any time an external app needs to get data from the sim or send data to the sim FSUIPC is involved. FSX now has "simconnect" which assumes FSUIPC's role in many cases, but before FSX all we had was FSUIPC and it made a lot of things possible that otherwise wouldn't have been.

FSUIPC = Flight Simulator Universal Inter Process Communication

Jim