Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All World of AI packages?

Default All World of AI packages?

Is it possible to download all the World of AI packages together? I have installed about 20 but it is a lot of hassle to have to download each package one by one, especially with the "two files at a time" download limit.

Is there, for example, a single ZIP/RAR file which contains all the packages?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Asad

I think you just have to download the packages as they are (i.e airline by airline)

Is probably the quickest way though as the other option would be to download the flightplans and aircraft all seperatley and install your AI traffic manually!

Quote Originally Posted by Asad Khawer View Post
    Is it possible to download all the World of AI packages together? I have installed about 20 but it is a lot of hassle to have to download each package one by one, especially with the "two files at a time" download limit.

Is there, for example, a single ZIP/RAR file which contains all the packages?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Asad
    Consider the fact that WOAI has been releasing one or more new packages almost every week for as long as I can remember and you can see how difficult it would be to keep any cumlative package "up to date".

Curious - where are you seeing the "two files at a time limit" ?
    David "Opa" Marshall

AVSIM, unfortunately. The WOAI links lead to AVSIM.

Your post does give me an idea, though, I believe FlightSim.com has no file limit, only a time limit. Perhaps I might download from here...

Quote Originally Posted by Asad Khawer View Post
    AVSIM, unfortunately. The WOAI links lead to AVSIM.

Your post does give me an idea, though, I believe FlightSim.com has no file limit, only a time limit. Perhaps I might download from here...
    That's strange - while I normally only dl one file at a time, there have been occasions where I have had three or four downloading at once and never had "limit" imposed at Avsim.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Blog Entries

Three is normally my max with AVSIM.

My Max at Avsim is also three... well I got all Packages, I took the Time and downloaded them one lazy Sunday Afternoon, but I don't have the Installers anymore, I always erase them after installing in my FS... (I'm one of the few Crazy Ones that have really all of them!)
    Cheers! Florian

Blog Entries

Am I one of the crazy then?

9. Default

Hi Assad,

Unfortunatly we don't provide an all in one package. The main reasons for this are 3 fold.

1. The rate we release in ( as already mentioned) is making it impossible to maintain such an all in one package.
    It's size would take up gigabytes at the moment and is growing weekly.

2. There are still a lot of users who are on dialup as well.
    We have visitors out of 145 countries monthly and a lot of users are still not connected to broadband.
    Supplying an all in one package would cost them literally days to download over a normal phone line.

3. The size of the file makes it almost impossible to host at avsim and flightsim.
    The maximum file size on avsim is 100 MB.
    In order no to choke the download servers we need to keep the packages as small as possible without reducing the quality.

World-of-AI will never provide an all in one package for the reasons as said above.
    We sure hope that you guys understand our reasons.

Tom van der Horst
    World-of-AI
    Last edited by Tom vd Horst; 11-26-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Tom,

I was not aware WOAI pushes out packages with such rapidity. With that information I understand how much effort and bandwidth would be required to create, let alone maintain, such a package.

I guess a lazy afternoon will need to be reserved for these packages.

Cheers,
    Asad.