Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound problems with FSX

Default Sound problems with FSX

Hi All
    Can any one tell me how I can fix a sound problem? I have been using FSX with various add ones for some time with no problems. Now when panning inside the cockpit some of the sounds go quiet or reduced. I have a 2nd older PC running which is ok sound wise. So I have copied the sound files from the working PC to my current higher working PC. This includes the main sound folder but also the sound folders for individual aircraft. It has worked for some of the aircraft but not for others. Is there any thing else I can do. To re-install is not really an option as I have too many add-onís to delete and re-install which I am sure will add more problems.

Ta

Stewart

As far as I know based on reading what you've written, there's no sound problem. It's supposed to do that.
    Captain Kevin

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway four left, cleared for take-off.

I had something similar happen, where when panning rearward, the cockpit sounds became normal volume and diminished to near nothing as the panning was directed forward again. I don't know what caused it but did a reinstall of FSX for unrelated reasons, and the sound problem went away. Could also try deleting the fsx.cfg file (of course make a backup first), although this would set the sim back to default settings. If this doesn't work and a reinstall isn't in order then you might want to try altering the cockpit sounds with Audacity sound editor, making them louder so they appear somewhat normal when in the cockpit (again, backing up the original files just in case).

Default Sound problems with FSX

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Airkevin -Yes I know the sound should change when panning around however it should not go quiet when looking out the left window compared to the right window.

Caribou Ė thanks I will give changing the CFG a go and let you know how I get on.

Stewart

Stewart1
    I think airkevin is correct. I have had several addons with this "feature" whereby the sound levels change with the view. This is controlled by each aircraft's config files. Re-installing Fsx or changing the fsx.cfg files will do nothing to change this.
    Bruce
    I5-2500k@ 4.5Ghz/ 16 GB Gskill DDR3 1600/Nvidia GTX460 1GB// CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle/TrackIR/Win7/ Fsx Deluxe SP1 & SP2

"Don't let fear or good judgment hold you back"

Default FSX Sound Problems (Mine with Vista 64)

To make a painfully long story more manageable: old computer finally died. Got Core2 Quad machine expressly for FSX (which I got when it came out, but I stayed with FS2004 because my machine was too slow for FSX). Trauma and pain. No recommendations seemed to cure my problem: Everythinmg worked perfectly, BUT NO SOUND of any kind. Yes, yes, I tried updating drivers and every setting change in the universe. I followed every bit of advice and every lead to a solution. I finally (on a whim!!!)(for the millionth time) went back to the device manager in Control Panel. I didn't try to update the driver this time, I rolled it back - my sound works perfectly (thank the gods of flight simming - I was getting violently frustrated). A check shows the rollback put me into the default driver that came with Vista (Home Premium 64 bit) replacing the SoundMax driver that came with the motherboard/integrated sound.

May be of no value to anyone but me, but here's hoping it solves some other frustrated Simmer's sleepless nights!!

Stew

Hi
    Thanks for the various help guys but I have found the problem after a lot of messing around......................a faulty lead would you believe it............................

Stewart

8. Default ...ATC and cabin...

Hi everyone...

I have this issue... wen I'm using the default 747 in the virtual cabin view I can't hear the normal engine sound... and that's not all... the ATC sound... it rarely sounds and when it does repeats a part of the ATC messege and that's all...

What can I do ?

Thumbs down Another bug:

When I'm with an FS2000 Cessna sound with throttle idle, when I go to cockpit view, it sound like full.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Caribou View Post
    I had something similar happen, where when panning rearward, the cockpit sounds became normal volume and diminished to near nothing as the panning was directed forward again. I don't know what caused it but did a reinstall of FSX for unrelated reasons, and the sound problem went away. Could also try deleting the fsx.cfg file (of course make a backup first), although this would set the sim back to default settings. If this doesn't work and a reinstall isn't in order then you might want to try altering the cockpit sounds with Audacity sound editor, making them louder so they appear somewhat normal when in the cockpit (again, backing up the original files just in case).
    So,..?? what is the solution to this , I have the same probleme