Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making FSX feel more realistic

1. Default Making FSX feel more realistic

I've currently got FSX SP2 with TrackIR and a Force Feedback joystick and occasionally use TileProxy for photographic scenery when flying slow aircraft and AI traffic.

I do have some money burning a hole in my pocket and wanted to make my FSX experience more realistic.

I have got all the aircraft I want but really want to enhance the scenery and weather/clouds and get rid of those houses at the side of the runway that are there in real life.

I am looking for recommendations to improve this but don't know where to start and what to get as there seems so much out there.

Can you please provide suggestions on what you all use and prefer?

Thanks
    Mark

Lightbulb

Ground Environment X - USA and Canada
    UTX USA and Canada and Europe
    FSGenesis mesh and Landclass
    Flight Environment X for FSX
    special scenery add-ons

www.flight1.com has a lot of add-ons

Use Flight Environment X! I use that along with what you have, and it's fantastic combination together! Also, not sure if you use Activesky X at all either, but that's a really good weather generator as well.

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

4. Default

What are the differences in the following:-

Are they all scenery textures etc... or do they in addition to textures provide realistc representation of roads, houses etc like satellite imagery would?

Thanks
    Mark

To me, everything is SOOOOO cartoonish now since I've been using the satellite imagery. I'd say stick with the environmental upgrades like the weather thing and use the TP for your flying - of course, you can use Ultimate Terrain X for night lighting aspects, for you can have the 3D street lights over the existing roadways.

HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000

6. Default

Are these all scenery textures etc... or do they in addition to textures provide realistc representation of roads, houses etc like satellite imagery would?

Ground Environment X
    UTX
    Flight Environment X

Mark

7. Default

Spend $50.00 on a ButtKicker for your chair. Since you've got the force feedback stick, this will add to your "stimulation".

Jake
    Intel Q6600 quad core @2.4 GeForce GTX275 w/896GB
    4 GB DDR2 RAM 500GB @7200 SATA Corsair TX750Wpsu 42" LG monitor

I agree on that as well too - one of the many managaries for flight simulation that I own too!

9. Default

Maybe, will think about that but first I want to get the scenery right.

Any other suggestions?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by McFlysky View Post
    special scenery add-ons

www.flight1.com has a lot of add-ons
    I second this motion! I use all of the above with exception of the UTX Europe, and they are all FANTASTIC and add ALOT to the FS experience. Three words, GO BUY NOW!

Ground Environment X = Enhanced ground textures that look phenomenal, even better than the stock FSX textures

UTX = Default and Autogen placement, even more enhance textures (adds parking lots for example at stadiums and other event buildings), and generally makes the FSX world more like the real world.

FSGenesis Mesh = Elevations are more accurate, imagine the mountains in FSX actually looking almost EXACTLY like they are in real life, that's what this does.

FSGenesis Landclass = Where there's city, there's a city, where there's a park, there's a park. This controls WHERE textures are applied to the FSX world.

Flight Environment X = Enhance weather textures, believe me and others that it's worth the price. Immersion factor plus!

Special Scenery Add-Ons = Enhances only certain areas in the FSX world. If you buy the newly released TahitiX (A good example), you will enhance Tahiti. A good example would be that islands are the exact size and shape and buildings are placed exactly where they should be, instead of the FSX Autogen placing a 10 story building in the middle of nowhere. Another good example would be the various airport scenery packages that enhance a particular airport to how it looks in real life. This is another immersion factor plus but much more localized.

Happy Simming!
    Last edited by mavrocket; 10-22-2008 at 07:21 PM.