Thread: Registering FSX

Default Registering FSX

I have just installed FSX and want to register it but the program never gave me the change. Is there anywhere I can do it on-line. I have searched the MS site but to no avail.
    I am in NZ so don't feel like ringing!!.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 3.4GHz. MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5B Deluxe Pro.
    RAM: 2X 1GB Corsia XMS2, DDR2-1066. GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS, 640MB, PCI Express. PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower WO131, 850W ATX.

I don't think that you can actually register online, but here is a download from TweakFS.com that should help -- http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_to...9bdc1333c672f0. Download the 'FSX Registry Utility' and run the program. The readme says it was created for users who have FSX registry problems, such as "when the registry entry goes missing for any reason".

I can't say that it works as I'm already registered, but from what I've read and seen, it looks an appropriate fix (someone correct me if I'm wrong please!!)!

meltsner

That program fixes problems with FSX windows 'registry' problems, it has nothing to do with registering FSX as the OP asks.

To answer your question aljay FSX requires 'activation' which automatically registers your copy of FSX to your computer and allows unlimited use on that computer only. This is wholly an anti-piracy process and doesn't 'register' FSX in the traditional sense as I think you are asking. As far as I know, and I might be wrong, your can't register FSX in the traditional sense.

Hi,

What happened when you ran FSX for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    Hi,

What happened when you ran FSX for the first time?
    It never asked for the Product number or asked me to register it and that is VERY unusual for any Microsoft software. I was under the impression that it was not fully functional unless registered. I have since asked Microsoft and am awaiting a reply.
    RAM: 2X 1GB Corsia XMS2, DDR2-1066. GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS, 640MB, PCI Express. PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower WO131, 850W ATX.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxx View Post
    That program fixes problems with FSX windows 'registry' problems, it has nothing to do with registering FSX as the OP asks.

To answer your question aljay FSX requires 'activation' which automatically registers your copy of FSX to your computer and allows unlimited use on that computer only. This is wholly an anti-piracy process and doesn't 'register' FSX in the traditional sense as I think you are asking. As far as I know, and I might be wrong, your can't register FSX in the traditional sense.
    So the fact that I have read the EULA and activated the program is all I need to do. Thanks for your help. Cheers.