Thread: GaugeSound.dll

Thumbs down GaugeSound.dll

I have been having problems the past few days with my computer CTD with my P-38's by David Copley. If I attempted to use the dive brakes it would CTD. If I attempted to just exit the sim while flying one of the P-38's it would CTD. I tried other aircraft and it didn't affect them. I installed a different version of David's P-38, namely the racer version, and it would do the same. I tried re-installing the 2.2 version, as that was the one I had been using for my around the world flight, and no difference. It did it on the 2.3 and 2.4 versions of David's P-38 aircraft, but not the night version. I thought it might be a gauge problem so I copied a freshly unziped version of the gauges directly to the panel folder of one of the P-38's and attempted to fly it. No change. I went back over the installation and realized I hadn't gone into the "other" folder in the P-38 folder. I found GaugeSound.dll located there and realized that if that file was missing from the main folder that it could be my whole problem. Sure enough it was missing. I moved it to the main folder of FS9 and the problem was solved.

My next question is what happened to the original GaugeSound.dll file to begin with? I recently installed the P-38 into FSX with the "other" folder as well. I had also run a my Defender Pro system utility to improve performance and one of the functions is to remove duplicate files. Apparently the GaugeSound.dll was removed from my FS9 folder by this utility.

Is there a folder I can put this file into to allow both programs to use one file or is there a way to protect the files so that neither one is deleted again.

P.S. Yes I moved the '.dll' in to the main folder of FSX as well.
    Last edited by IronmanMLR; 09-15-2008 at 09:39 AM.
    Mike R.
    Home built desktop: 1.8 gig AMD Athlon XP 2200+ processor, Biostar M7VIT Pro motherboard, 3 gig ram, HIS ATI 4670 8x AGP video card with 1 gig of video ram.
    Netbook: Toshiba NB205

Try putting gaugesound.dll in your \Windows\System32 folder. I believe it will work fine from there.

Doug

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    Try putting gaugesound.dll in your \Windows\System32 folder. I believe it will work fine from there.

Doug
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Mike
    Mike R.
    Home built desktop: 1.8 gig AMD Athlon XP 2200+ processor, Biostar M7VIT Pro motherboard, 3 gig ram, HIS ATI 4670 8x AGP video card with 1 gig of video ram.
    Netbook: Toshiba NB205