Thread: Problem propeller texture in FSX

Default Problem propeller texture in FSX

Good day
    I recently downloaded several FS9 Aircraft into FSX using the directions from the forum here and elsewhere. I loaded the Hughes 500 as its a great aircraft. I followed the instructions, the aircraft works fine except the propeller textures are either solid or when clouds are in the background, transparent. I previously downloaded the constellation which has been modified for FSX with a self installer. That worked fine. What is interesting is after downloading and installing the Howard 500, now the constellation has the same problems--propeller being solid or opaque when in front of clouds and some background buildings.

I checked other forums, seems its a possible texture problem?

I'm running a duo core, 3.14 ghz, 3 gb memory with a Nvidia GE force 7600 512 mb Vista.

Any ideas? FSX aircraft are fine.

Thanks
    Gary

The problem is SP2. Some FS9 textures, like the prop, aren't fully compatible. One thing you can do is check for a fix from that author. Search out his name and plane on Avsim or Flightsim and look for a prop fix. The other way would be to replace the offending prop with a prop from another aircraft that is compatible.

Default prop fix

Thanks Mike, that reminded me I had installed SP 2 recently since I had downloaded the Connie...I'll try your suggestion.
    Gary

No problem. And in the meantime, I downloaded the Howard, installed it and began to do some experimenting. I've been wanting to figure out how to fix that pesky prop problem for a while.
    I did a search on this forum and came up with this,
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...light=Prop+fix
    So far, I've made the spinning solid prop go away, I mean gone. There is no prop at all. LOL
    At a standstill with engines off, the props are still there so I figure it's just a matter of finding the right prop and sticking it in. Check out the thread and good luck.

Default Prop fix 2

Great link, thanks Mike!
    Gary