Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wilco/Feelthere E-Jet series...

Default Wilco/Feelthere E-Jet series...

I don't know about others but first impression of this add-on is quite good. I can't seem to get the spoilers to deploy as these aircraft need help slowing down in decent but other than that I'm pretty impressed. I still need to set up an official flight plan and fly the route but overall Feelthere nailed the system's modeling of these aircraft. I'd say this package is well worth a look...

Oh yea performance is great in FS9, I can't speak for FSX...

DreamFleet, one of the best beta teams I had the pleasure to be on...
    Dell Duo Core 3.33 1333FSB - Windows 7 Pro 64Bit 4Gigs Ram
    EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit

Quote Originally Posted by Leo112 View Post
    I don't know about others but first impression of this add-on is quite good. I can't seem to get the spoilers to deploy as these aircraft need help slowing down in decent but other than that I'm pretty impressed. I still need to set up an official flight plan and fly the route but overall Feelthere nailed the system's modeling of these aircraft. I'd say this package is well worth a look...

Oh yea performance is great in FS9, I can't speak for FSX...
    Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. How does the AP and autothrottle system work? On an another forum (German) there was a problem reported that the AP would put the ac in a 45 degree turn when changing the heading. This steep turn made the aircraft go nose down, which put the aircraft below the commanded altitude. The autothrottle system overcompensated and with full throttle the ac overspeeded and went well above the set altitude. This AP behaviour also made an ILS intercept very unstable and prevented a G/S intercept. I might add that the person reporting this problem also said that the use of bank limiter didn't do much difference.
    I would appreciate any response on this one.

Ulf B

Hi again,

I registered on the feelThere forums and decided to purchase the ac despite the initial problems. I haven't messed with the FMC and flight systems yet. I plan to study the manual tomorrow, so I'm sure that I set up the FMC correct and use the flight control systems correctly.

A normal fps hit for this kind of aircraft. With default C172 I get an average of 54 fps and with the E-170 I get 31 fps. You may adjust the fps settings for the different glass panels in a Configurator utility, but I haven't tried that yet.

Ulf B

Sorry it took me so long to get back... I haven't seen any issue with the autopilot but I'm still testing. I agree with what was stated in the other forums that who ever had problems with this add-on sounded as if he was expecting something this aircraft wasn't designed to do. Under normal operations she works fine with the exception of the spoilers. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong but I can't get the spoilers to raise...

I get no hit as far as framerates go but maybe that's because of my machine...

Hi,

I registererd at the feelThere support forum http://forum.iemit.com/
    Look for the forum PIC EMB forum. There are at least one post OT regarding the spoiler problem. I have to rush now.

Ulf B

Thanks for the link...

Short report from the feelThere support forum regarding the problems with deploying spoilers. The issue is still not acknowledged by the feelThere support. The same goes for the problems with the aircraft not being able to follow the descent profile. It feels pretty much the same as the first release of the PSS A-330/340 - wobbling all over. It's a shame because the model is very nice and have a lot of eye candy to offer.

Ulf B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Embraer.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	11327  

Quote Originally Posted by UlfB View Post
    Short report from the feelThere support forum regarding the problems with deploying spoilers. The issue is still not acknowledged by the feelThere support. The same goes for the problems with the aircraft not being able to follow the descent profile. It feels pretty much the same as the first release of the PSS A-330/340 - wobbling all over. It's a shame because the model is very nice and have a lot of eye candy to offer.

Ulf B
    Ulf I was a beta tester for Feelthere for most of their projects after the Caravan. With developers all one can do is suggest and hope the advice makes it into the final product. I personally like all of what Feelthere has done for the most part as they tackle projects others won't touch (don't know why I wasn't included on this beta). I worked on the 737PIC which turned out pretty good, Wilco yanked the Airbus before we (I) was finished beta testing it, and Tower never worked right on my machine for some reason so I couldn't contribute much to that plus my new machine was taking much of my time. I have a little trick when I find the FDE not capturing the ILS the way it should. My advice until Feelthere fixes whatever is going on is to tighten up the sensitivity of the aileron and elevators in the 'aircraft.cfg' file. Try a setting of 1.5, 2, or 2.5 until the aircraft properly captures the autopilot's commands. I'm still looking at this spoiler problem but adjusting those settings should bring some since of normalcy until the issue is properly resolved...
    Last edited by Leo112; 07-10-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Ulf,

I have read every post in the feelThere support forum for the EMB, and must take issue with your statement "The issue is still not acknowledged by the feelThere support." On what do you base this statement?

The fact is, the support team is aware of each issue discussed in the forum. The purpose of the forum is to identify and repair major issues without the end user needing to go through Wilco support. feelThere provides this as a courtesy. They are not required to do this, but offer the service to us as a "thank you" to us for our support. They are quite good in this regard, and are also quite responsive to all users and have been for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they are every bit as responsive as any other developers out here.

What is "a shame" is that people read and believe opinions such as yours that are inaccurate and misleading. The EMB has been out for all of two days. Give them a chance!

Chip B.

Quote Originally Posted by rookiesimpilot View Post
    The purpose of the forum is to identify and repair major issues without the end user needing to go through Wilco support. feelThere provides this as a courtesy. They are not required to do this, but offer the service to us as a "thank you" to us for our support.
    Say what? Wilco is only the publisher, just like Flight1 is the publisher for Eaglesoft.

Saying feelThere isn't responsible for maintaining their own product seems just plain silly...
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...