Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamfleet Archer 111 - no instruments

HI,

I have windows XP system and assume there is no UAC.
    Do I have to uninstall then reinstall the product Archer III ? or can I execute directly the setup of the existing Archer III ?
    I do not know how to get the Wrapper file.
    Also, last time I have reinstalled the product I get the message "Setup has detected that a windows explorer setting may affect the GNS simulation. Make sure to review the following information...."
    Any idea?

Rgds,
    FDT

Hi,

The Wrapper file is the installer with the "red aircraft" icon that you downloaded from the DreamFleet or Flight1 website. When you run the file instead of filling in the user details and credit card details, as you would for the initial purchase, just click the Reinstall button at the bottom.

I'm not sure about the Windows Explorer message - read what it says and bear it in mind as to possible complications. You should be able to install over any previous installation, but any extra liveries will have to be added again. If you've installed the Garmin Trainer and it runs fine outside of FS2004 then you don't need to reinstall this part of the multi-step installation.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Hi Alastair,

I found the Wrapped file (red acft icon) and run the necessary process using a new key file given by the support system.

I also make the manually changes in the windows explorer to cancel the error message.

Conclusion : no improvement on the Reality XP logo on the ARCHER III instruments, but I succeded to cancel the Windows Explorer Message that was shown last time.

Please, help me to solve my problem as quick as possible. I have a job and can not loose 3 hours each day since I baught the product to make it real, otherwise I will need to ask for a refund.

FDT
    Last edited by FDT; 10-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Hi,

Not being in front of your computer I can't say for certain exactly what is blocking a successful installation, but something is. As mentioned in my initial reply, often this is your anti-virus program, so do check that ALL processes associated with the AV program are temporarily stopped before the installation, and afterwards do not move the Key file from where it was when it was revalidated as part of the reinstallation process.

If you use MS Defender, this will almost certainly have to be fully uninstalled. I had a similar problem with a user some years ago and he couldn't get a full installation of his DreamFleet aircraft until Defender had been removed. The RealityXP logo on the gauges is an indication of a licencing problem so you will have to work out what exactly is blocking a full installation.

Hope this helps,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Hi Alastair,

I will try again and will let you know if I succeed.

Brgds,

FDT