Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how to open other doors on the ground

Blog Entries

Default how to open other doors on the ground

I know all my door commands, however, I can't open up the baggage and cargo doors on the FSX airliners, or trigger the animated baggage cart and ramp. It would appear that they are useable bcause of two things:

1.The AI airliners all open these doors up on the ground.

2. I've seen the baggage carts (the default ones placed at every gate) automatically pull up to the captainsim aircraft when I opened up those doors.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Getting the baggage cart over to my airliner has always been a hit or miss shot.
    Make sure there are baggage carts nearby. If I don't see them, I usually don't get them to come to the plane.
    Make sure you are right on the line at the gate.
    Make sure your brakes are set. I don't know if this in any way a trigger but what the hey!!
    Call the jetway.
    Open all the doors including cargo.
    Then wait for FSX to decide if you're worthy! Like I say, I can do all of the above and then have nothing happen. I've even left the game on and walked away for a little while to see if maybe the carts were on lunch break or something but no dice. 50/50 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I know all my door commands, however, I can't open up the baggage and cargo doors on the FSX airliners, or trigger the animated baggage cart and ramp. It would appear that they are useable bcause of two things:

1.The AI airliners all open these doors up on the ground.

2. I've seen the baggage carts (the default ones placed at every gate) automatically pull up to the captainsim aircraft when I opened up those doors.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
    Shift "E" +1, 2 or 3 will open your doors.

Blog Entries

shift+e+1,2,3 has never worked a single time for me in all the ears I've been playing MSFS. Neither has getting a pushback with turning. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

And just to make sure, you are holding the shift key down and then hitting the E key and then 1, 2 or 3? If so, I'm at a loss. When FSX doesn't do what it's basically supposed to do, I'm at a loss. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    shift+e+1,2,3 has never worked a single time for me in all the ears I've been playing MSFS. Neither has getting a pushback with turning. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    DOORS
    1. Press and hold Shift, tap the E key
    2. Release both keys
    3. Within 2 seconds, press 1, 2, 3 or 4

PUSHBACK
    1. Press and hold Control, tap the P key
    2. Release both keys
    3. Do NOT change views until...
    4. Press 1 to swing tail of a/c left -or-
    Press 2 to swing tail of a/c right.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    DOORS
    1. Press and hold Shift, tap the E key
    2. Release both keys
    3. Within 2 seconds, press 1, 2, 3 or 4

PUSHBACK
    1. Press and hold Control, tap the P key
    2. Release both keys
    3. Do NOT change views until...
    4. Press 1 to swing tail of a/c left -or-
    Press 2 to swing tail of a/c right.
    Thanks for the info, I'll try that out, since I have never been able to get the door open except for the main passenger door. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Hold the shift key down while hitting the 'E' then release the shift key and quickly hit the 1, 2, or 3 for the doors. That's how it works for me, and it never fails.
    *** siXpak ***
    sixpak@cox.net

sixpaksig.gif

Well, usually when I tried it, immediatly after hitting shift-E a door would open and hitting 1 2 or 3 would do nothing. I'll try again, in the way stated above. I hope it'll work, because i want to see the luggage carts...

Blog Entries

that's counter-intuitive. I wouldn't have guessed that I needed to release the two. Oh well, it works for me!!

Do any other FSX aircraft have interesting doors or features under these commands?