Thread: MemStatus 2.60

Default MemStatus 2.60

A new version of MemStatus has just been released. It is a tiny program which places a small. real-time display in the corner of your screen showing how much system memory and video memory you are using. According to the enclosures, the new version works with Vista, and with systems having more than 4GB of memory. And it's free. You can get it here. http://www.nuclearplayground.com/Nuc...und/MemStatus/ Among other things, I find the program to be useful for assessing memory usage in FSX.

At the edge of the foothills west of Denver, Colorado, USA.

Geoffrey,

Thanks for posting that. It sounds like an important utility for FSX users who want to tune their memory usage.
    Digital abstract art copyright 2010 Mike McCarthy, all rights reserved.

Default MemStatus 2.60

Should the post be copied to the FSX forum as well? If so, do I do that or do you? All the best, and thank you for your interest.

Geoffrey,

Kindly make a duplicate post over there. I could move the thread but I'd rather it was available here too.

Sorry, here is the correct link:
    http://www.nuclearplayground.com/NuclearPlayground/

I think I like this program. I installed it a little while ago. Once it's in, and the rectangular window shows up, you can put your cursor up on the little square icon in the very top left, and right click then "minimize" ....and a little "Bar Graph" icon will show up in the System Tray that seems to be active for both system memory and video memory. If you "hover" over the little icon, it will give you the digital readout in Bytes, KB, or MB, your choice..

Now if I can figure out how to KEEP the system tray ON while in full screen FSX, that would be nice. OR...Better yet, drag the MemStatus system tray icon over onto FSX while flying. SPOFF

SPOFF,

To keep the system tray visible while in FSX ...

First, right click on Start and then select Properties. Then click on the Tasbar tab and check Lock and OnTop.

Next, using NotePad's Search feature, make (or keep) the following settings in FSX.cfg ...

Maximized=2
    HideMenuNormal=0
    HideMenuFullScreen=1

Finally, kindly include me in your will.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmikexx View Post
    SPOFF,

To keep the system tray visible while in FSX ...

First, right click on Start and then select Properties. Then click on the Tasbar tab and check Lock and OnTop.

Next, using NotePad's Search feature, make (or keep) the following settings in FSX.cfg ...

Maximized=2
    HideMenuNormal=0
    HideMenuFullScreen=1

Finally, kindly include me in your will.
    My Friend Mike: There is NO way I'm going to go into FSX.Cfg and fool around. The first suggestion you mentioned has already been IN THERE for some time, (On Top) but my full screen FSX is FULL SCREEN...No system tray. The System Tray...I think you previously told me.. THAT was the correct term...YES???......OR is Taskbar another term for the same thing? SPOFF
    Last edited by SPOFF; 04-12-2008 at 08:38 PM.

SPOFF,

The system tray is the region at the extreme right hand end of the taskbar. Since you're reluctant to play games with FSX.cfg, one thing to try is to do Alt-Enter and then manually adjust the resulting screen size by stretching. (Make sure you don't stretch it such that you can't grab the edges again.)

If you like, email me your FSX.cfg after making a backup copy and I'll do the edit for you. If not, that's fine too. At least other people now know how to do it. My email address is mike@pcgamecontrols.com

On Windows XP that file is in the c:\documents and settings\<your name>\application data\microsoft\fsx folder. On Vista it is in some similarly named location but I don't recall the exact path. (A forum search should reveal it.)
    Last edited by xxmikexx; 04-12-2008 at 08:58 PM.