Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSNavigator for FSX?

Default FSNavigator for FSX?

Is there a replacement for FSNavigator for FSX? I thought there was a similar freeware version available but I have been unable to find it in a search of the forums.

Thanks!
    Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz, Zalman CNPS9700NT, 2GB OCZ XTC Platinum PC6400 DDR2, Asus P5K-E/WiFi-AP, WD 500GB SATA II, EVGA GF8800GT 512MB Superclocked, Antec Nine Hundred Gamers Case, OCZ 600W GameXStream PSU, Windows XP 32bit

2. Default

They took down that site and aren't doing anything for FSX. There are a few others out there but I haven't tried any.
    Gigabyte E-series Intel 2.66 Core 2 Duo overclocked to 3.5
    4 gigs PC800, 8800 GT OC
    Windows XP, Sata 150,500 300

3. Default

I like Flight Sim Commander by Aerosoft for the FSNav replacement for FSX.

4. Default

This is kind of cheap , but I open up FS9 and make a flightplan with FSNav and print it off. Then I fly it in FSX. Actually it seems more realistic to me that way because I can't cheat but looking at the moving map. And after you do that a few times you build up an impressive amount of hard copy flight plans that you can reuse.

Try Super flight planner
    http://cpinf.com/

Shri

6. Default

<This is kind of cheap , but I open up FS9 and make a flightplan with FSNav and print it off. Then I fly it in FSX

Hey Data65, Why not just print from flight planner in FSX? What is the difference?
    I have FSNav in FS9, What I liked in that program was that you are able to see on the moving map where you are and get airport info quickly. The presentation is a lot easier and faster than to call it up on the Garmin gps from FSX.

I tried FS Commander, but can't say I was too thrilled with that program.

George

I finally gave up and bought in to FS Commander for FSX.

It does take some mental adjustment, but by far and large is a very similar program IMHO. In fact, it does have some features that FSNAV does not (i.e. traffic).

I still usually implement FSNAV in FS9, but would recommend FSC as an alternate for FS9 and/or replacement for FSX.

I am not sure, but if I remember correctly it seems like FSC had a trial version one might peek at.

Good luck:
    RTH

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GNacino View Post
    <Hey Data65, Why not just print from flight planner in FSX? What is the difference?George
    The real difference is the ability to create "fixes" . If the fs flight planner has that feature, I haven't found it. I have done exactly what you suggested, but I just really like the FSNAV printout better and you can print out the flightplan map aswell. I also go into the Flight simulator map function and print out the destination airport info. So I guess the real answer to you question is that I just prefere to do it with FSNAV.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Coelis View Post
    Is there a replacement for FSNavigator for FSX? I thought there was a similar freeware version available but I have been unable to find it in a search of the forums.

Thanks!

How does the EVGA GF8800GT 512MB Superclocked perform in FSX?
    I am thinking of getting one. Also how hot does it get?

McFly -

How about posting it in your own topic and not taking away from someone eleses conversation? That has nothing to do with FS Navigator...

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Quadro 4000