Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eaglesoft SR22 Turbo

Default Eaglesoft SR22 Turbo

I'm contemplating whether or not I should buy the ESDG SR22, or wait until the Turbo version comes out. Since I have no idea when the SR22 Turbo version will be released, i'm kind of in a pickle here. Does anyone have an idea when the SR22 Turbo will be released? How bout the Diamond DA-42 Twin Star? I really love all of the GA planes ESDG makes, and cannot wait to finally purchase a Cirrus Aircraft.

ES will never tell you when they plan on releasing their aircraft (but I know they are working on them).

I'm a very big Eaglesoft supporter, but I don't fly the SR22 for FSX much as the performance in FSX in less than what I would like (frame rate wise). That is because it is still an FS9 model which has been modified to run in FSX (all versions), but does not perform as well (within the sim) as does the Columbia 400, which was rebuilt for FSX, or the new Twin Comanche which was built especially for FSX, and is simply a brilliant aircraft.

IMO, I would wait for the new Cirrus models to be re-built or DA to be released, and if you don't have them, try the Columbia or Twin Comanche. You will not be displeased with either of those choices.

The Twin Star will have the MindStar Garmin G1000, which 'blows the doors off' the default. There will also be a Columbia released with the MindStar G1000 as a separate aircraft/release.
    Last edited by bkeske; 03-28-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Wink

Thanks for replying. It's so hard waiting for it to be released. The SR22 Turbo is such an awesome airplane and you can be sure that the second it is for sale, I will purchase that.

I should also add that the FSX/DX10/SP2 compliant SR20 and SR22 models are being developed now. Of course it is not possible to provide any estimate on when it will be finished...
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

yup, Bill, forgot to mention the upcomming update......heck, I'll just have to get them all.

Thanks for your support Brian.

To help eliminate confusion let me add that...
    Current FSX SR20 G2 and SR22 G2 are being rebuilt for full FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliance without added to cost to FSX owners.
    This is in keeping with our original pledge to FSX owners before SP2/DX10 was even public knowledge and as has been done with the recent SP2/DX10 Upgrade to our Liberty Aerospace XL2.

All future Eaglesoft FSX Aircraft will be SP2/DX10 Compliant when released. This includes the upcoming SR22 G2/G3 Turbo Package.

The point of all this is to assure interested parties that which ever Eaglesoft FSX Aircraft folks choose to own will be SP2/DX10 compliant via upgrade or upon release.

There is one exception to the above and that is our recently released FSX CX1.0. That aircraft is SP2/DX9.0c Compliant and will not be upgraded further in favor of our upcoming FSX CX2.0

Hope this helps.
    Best, Regards,
    Ron Hamilton
    PP|ASEL

Ron-

Thanks for getting back, that makes sense. Just know that I, like many other Flight Simulator enthusiasts cannot wait for the SR22 Turbo to make its debut!

I'm glad to see model maker reps who weigh in and let us know things. The neatest thing is ES' folks don't drop off the radar, but are regular.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

What about the Columbia 400? Does that work well in FSX with SP2?

Quote Originally Posted by corster9 View Post
    What about the Columbia 400? Does that work well in FSX with SP2?
    FS9 C400 doesn't.
    FSX C400 was our second FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant Aircraft and has been working well for users since SP2/DX10 was released.
    Best, Regards,
    Ron Hamilton
    PP|ASEL